Remember Playback Position Question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ai.Chj13

Hi,
Has anyboby experience the movie on iPod don't remember the last playback position?

I converted some of my movies into .mov and .mp4 using both videora and ImTOO iPod converter,
some of them remember the playback position but some don't.
(I checked all the movies, i'm SURE i check on the "remember playback position" box)

I'm sick and tired of finding the point where i left off on the movie that i just watched minutes ago.

Can somebody help me with this or has anyboby experience the same thing? Does my iPod went crazy and do i need to format it?

Thanks for helping :rolleyes:

cold aspiration

I have this same problem. Someone correct me if I am wrong.. but I think that clicking that box for remembering the playback position only seems to work in itunes. The only ones that actually remember the playback position are the TV shows that you have to buy from itunes music store.. Anyone find a solution to this?? Thanks.

cold aspiration

bump. and update. So the TV shows bought from the iTunes music store perfectly remembers the plabyback position. However, the movies I put on the ipod ... sometimes it saves a location I was at, but this location is then never updated, so it always opens to this one location now. This is really annoying, nobody else has had a problem with this?

cold aspiration

hmm. another update, I think it would be nice if someone would respond .. even to say that his or her ipod remembers playback position flawlessly... so I know if my model is screwed or if it's a common error among many others..

I figured out that my ipod seems to only remember the playback position of a video if I stop the video and sync it with itunes. But then after that, trying to play that video on the ipod will always start the video at that point ... even if i watched past that point.

dark-arrow

my movies remember the play back position. They're not downloaded from iTunes. But sometimes it happens that one lost it. But it's pretty rare I would say.

cold aspiration

^ May I ask what program you used to encode your movies? I don't think this should matter that much as long as it is the same format.. but just wondering.

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
I asked the same question yesturday lol. I put some episodes of the o.c and checked 'remeber playback position', and it doesnt!! >:{

I did the same thing for my movies and it works

cold aspiration

^ so your full length movies remembers the position but the tv shows don't? Neither of mine seems to work..

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
cold aspiration said:
^ so your full length movies remembers the position but the tv shows don't? Neither of mine seems to work..
yep, my movies remember playback position, and my tv shows and music videos do NOT :(

cold aspiration

is it the same situation with you where if you play a show and then pause it. then sync it with your itunes.. it remembers that spot and that spot only even if you play past that?

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
cold aspiration said:
is it the same situation with you where if you play a show and then pause it. then sync it with your itunes.. it remembers that spot and that spot only even if you play past that?
YES!! omg its SO annoying -_-

fallsauce

I have that problem as well. I guess it's not as annoying as the battery problem I had before, but nevertheless... I hope this is just a software problem they can fix.

AHHHHHHH

Money Begger
cold aspiration said:
wow. are we the only ones with this problem?? it seems like more should have it... i have 30g white ipod 5g. you?
I have the EXACT same thing o_O;;

I really hope they fix this problem with the updater -____-

lkalliance

Maker of Grilled Cheese
I can report I've got the same problem. The weird thing is I've got some video clips that I think I remember saving the playback position, and that later didn't remember it.

It works in all cases with iTMS purchased content, in my experience.

Another disappointment is that with iTunes 6.0.2 I can classify videos as TV Shows and they get thus classified within iTunes, but not on the iPod.

shinobidice

I'm pretty sure when the movies are set into the Music Video format, the option to remember playback position disappears. I'd assume its because music videos are rather short compared to full movies.

I have a movie ripped into chapters and its kinda annoying to have a pause every few scenes, but at least I can skip to the good parts :) I'm planning on doing a full movie or 2 part rip and convert for better umm.. watchability?