registering iPod with Apple?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DXiRoNMaN

i have 2 ipods but i dont think either are registered, at least i dont remember registering unless its done automatically when you first hook your ipod to the computer. i checked Apple's site and i didnt see anything on there, can anyone tell me how to register because i really probably should do it :eek:

Jesse Hollington

Administrator
Website
www.ilounge.com
HiRes said:
What is the point in registering your iPod?
Well, ostensibly to feed Apple's marketing engine... :)

However, an added bonus is that there have been a few occasions where lost iPods were returned to their owners due to good samaritans calling Apple and reporting them missing.

Although it's not a service that Apple officially offers, the fact that it's been able to help people before probably makes it worthwhile registering your iPod for that reason alone.

DXiRoNMaN

"However, an added bonus is that there have been a few occasions where lost iPods were returned to their owners due to good samaritans calling Apple and reporting them missing. "

most definately, ive heard a few stories on here where thats happened and its better to have your serial number registered just in case you lose it and like you say, an honest person finds it. plus i thought you needed to be registered for the warranty, is that true?

[zerophase]

Website
xanga.com
well since i got the extended warrenty i had to register it to and ipod for it to work. and so without registering my ipod i couldn't register my warrenty and so it would be pointless. in the end i registered both.