• This is not the place to tout your latest must have app. It will be viewed as spam if you do post a link to your application or any "hey this app is awesome" shill style posts and your post will be removed and you may be banned.

If you wish to submit an application for inclusion on the iLounge.com main site please do so by sending an email to [email protected]

Recommend an app for passwords

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

fot

I use Windows vista and iPhone. Looking for an application that will allow me to sync my passwords over the air to both computer and iPhone.

In the past I used ewallet until they required paid upgrades to continue to sync passwords then several years ago I switched to keepass and love it however their app doesn't sync with iphone and if use dropbox for syncing it doesn't allow for updating on iphone.

I can't believe that this is this hard, can someone recommend an application that will allow for the viewing and changing. updating passwords and information on both a pc and iphone.

Gospel

I like SplashData's SplashID. It does have a Windows desktop version. From what I have heard, 1Password and SplashID are the top recommended password programs. I do wish there was a Windows desktop version of 1Password.

Enjoy life!
Steven

Signal to Noise

I use iAccounts. It works well, is inexpensive, and backup software (which is free) is available for Mac & Windows.

mookiemeister

Super Cool Dude
Website
xenon.stanford.edu
I use mSecure to sync passwords on my iPod Touch and PC. I purchased mSecure PC from their web site at http://www.msevensoftware.com/mSeven_Software.html. I think you will have to install iTunes before you can sync mSecure between iPod Touch and PC. I tried to sync one time after I reinstalled mSecure on PC after wiping out my OS (don't ask) and at that time I didn't have iTunes installed and it complained about not able to sync without it.

I used it on XP, then Vista, and now on my Windows 7 Starter netbook without any problem. The mSecure license only let you install twice. When I tried to use it on my Windows 7 Starter, it complained that I already installed it on 2 PCs. But I contacted them and they replied promptly and gave me two more installs.

MattHurst

A few of my favorite apps to use to synching or storing passwords:

Evernote - sync for everything really
DropBox - can be used for viewing offline now (as mentioned above), but no editing
Password - helps generate passwords, of varying difficulty
DocKeeper - secure backup for passwords, credit cards, passwords, etc

All these apps will store your data in the cloud, so you can get them on your phone anytime. I wouldn't worry about sync between the two, if only because the data from your apps should be backed up everytime you sync in iTunes.