Rebuild artwork database in new location. Is it possible?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
This is kind of complicated, but here it goes.

I just transfered my library to an external HD. I didnt use "consolidate". Everything plays fine, no problems at all. BUT, when I right click on an albums artwork, iTunes freezes for like two minutes before the "copy" option appears.

I assumed this was happening because of my Artwork Database still being on the internal HD. So I deleted that Artwork DB folder, thinking that iTunes would "see" its gone and re-build it next time iTunes was restarted. Didnt happen.

I also changed the iTunes folder location to the external to see if that helped. Well, the NEW artwork DB folder appears in the new location but its empty.

So, I need to find a way to re-build that database without having to delete/re-add all the songs again. It took like three hours to do that (for iTunes to scan artwork and analyze for gapless).

Other than this, I cant think of a reason why the artwork is acting up. When you play a song and click on the artwork to display it bigger, it all displays just fine, but when you right click on it, thats when the problems begin.

Also, I dont have the latest version of iTunes (I have 7.1), if that matters.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I just realized that iTunes is freezing when I click on the menus too, so its not just an artwork issue. I really didnt want to have to update iTunes to the last version, but I will probably end up doing that just to see what happens.

Last edited:

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
Ok, I realized what the problem was. Its weird but iTunes was freezing because I had just copied the whole librarys list and pasted into an Excel file (to compare the songs before and after the move to the external) and the huge size of the clipboard at that moment was making the program sluggish.

Its weird that all my other programs worked fine with the exception of iTunes tho. But as soon as I deleted the contents of the clipboard and ran CCleaner, it all went away.

I even upgraded iTunes on account of this. So that bit me in the ###, but oh well.