Re: Certain Audiobook-No Audio on iPod Touch 3G

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

lovetoflyfish

Re: Certain Audiobook-No Audio on iPod Touch 3G

I have an iPod Touch 3G (newbie) and use MarkAble to convert my Audiobook CDs into playable files on the device.

Note that the settings have always been the same: Bit Rate 96 kbps and Sample rate 44,100 kHz in Stereo.

All books play just fine on the iPod but for one in which it looks as if it is playing but there is no audio.
The book "acts" normally and does have audio when played through iTunes.

I have converted it again with the same results as well as encoding it through iTunes 9.0.3.15, QuickTime 7.6.5 but, again, it does not have audio on the iPod.

Any thoughts, please?

Thank you, L

cjmnews

Staff member
It could be the size of the book, at that bit rate and in stereo the size is much bigger than it needs to be.

You could try Mono to reduce the size by nearly half, and reduce the bit rate to the iTunes Spoken Podcast which I think is 22050 kHz, to reduce it more.

If the book is > 5 hours in size some portable players will have issues with it. There are many discussions on this board regarding this topic.

lovetoflyfish

Thanks for the reply

Thank you for the reply.

I did consider a more space-saving bit rate but followed the suggested settings from MarkAble.
Besides, one other book is eight hours in length and plays just fine.

I will try again with "lower" settings and see if it works.

Thanks again, L