• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Random Photography

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
It seems my entry to the 2004 buyers guide cover competition was disqualified due to a glitch with gmail that meant the email was sent past the deadline. So anyway i thought i'd share it with you guys seeing as it will soon make its way to the recylce bin. I knew it wasn't going to win, but it seems a waste of time if nobody at all sees it. By the way its a photograph and not digitally created.

Attachments

enjoilax

Mina said:
It seems my entry to the 2004 buyers guide cover competition was disqualified due to a glitch with gmail that meant the email was sent past the deadline. So anyway i thought i'd share it with you guys seeing as it will soon make its way to the recylce bin. I knew it wasn't going to win, but it seems a waste of time if nobody at all sees it. By the way its a photograph and not digitally created.
Well its pretty good, But as a magazine cover i don't think it would have worked. :(

Its just way too busy, but as a piece of art it looks awesome! What is it?

Jackus

Yeah, like the ones on a dyson hover... Only... orange... :) Nice pic.

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
Mina,

I like the photo alot, though it doesn't screem iPod of even technology, but thats just me. Was this flex tubing like this or did you have to manipulate it a bit?

stevesurf,

I like yours too. I'm a big fan of having the subject off center. Its a shame you didn't have a good flash with you to get rid of her shadow. It would have really brought out the shadowing in her chalk art, that is chalk isn't it? This kind of stuff always happens to me, and I get too picky about what I've done, and then I regret not doing this or that.

Mina

ipodlounge beaver
Was originally taken on its side but i flipped it in photoshop. I completely agree with you jwc110869, i wanted to move away from the ipod although i still thought the image had a slight mechanical theme, as it was taken within a wood workshop. i guess i should have blurred or lightened the photo more so it wasn't so busy and in your face. Thanx for the kind words,

Mina.

P.S Good luck to all those who entered the competition!

Last edited:

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
Thats is the best part of photography to me, the stories behind the pictures. I would have never guessed that came from a wood shop. You are right though, it definately falls under "industrial" as a theme, maybe with a touch of contemp, being orange.

stevesurf

In a spinning class
jwc110869 said:
Its a shame you didn't have a good flash with you to get rid of her shadow. It would have really brought out the shadowing in her chalk art, that is chalk isn't it?
Jeff - excellent point - this is the difference between taking a "grab" shot with a Coolpix on a stroll through the Venetian. I wish I had my D2H / SB-800 for that one oh well

Mina, that shot looks like the one on a Nikon World Mag a couple o years back...

only i like your better :)

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
stevesurf said:
Jeff - excellent point - this is the difference between taking a "grab" shot with a Coolpix on a stroll through the Venetian. I wish I had my D2H / SB-800 for that one oh well

Mina, that shot looks like the one on a Nikon World Mag a couple o years back...

only i like your better :)
You got that shot with a Coolpix? Wow.

When I take a "grab" shot with a point n shoot, I "grab crap"

NOSpsycho

Mina said:
Weird tree, nice squirrel :)

Mina.
the tree is a type of palm tree... those are the seeds, so it looks kind of weird...

so far i've seen:
a ton of squirrels,
a few iguanas,
there is a supposedly a florida panther somewhere,
stupid ducks,
and a gator :/

squirrels are awesome :D