Radiohead on MSN music store!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
For some reason, Radiohead music has not been available for download on the iTunes music store. I have always been pretty miffed at this, but it appears it will stay that way.
However, I was browsing around, and apparently Microsoft's new iTMS competitor, the MSN Music store, will be offering Radiohead music in a manner of weeks. I don't know how they did it, but I serioulsy hope that I can buy music from them and get it onto my iPod. I'll just have to burn and re-rip the songs I buy. Anyone else excited?

http://www.greenplastic.com/news/dusty/001234.php
http://beta.music.msn.com/netcal/default.aspx?netcal=001

adrenaline

Gig'em Aggies!
Excited about Radiohead?

Well, no.

Excited about more competition in the online music business?

You bet.

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
Uhh...
Well the MSN Music Store doesn't seem like much competition as far as library size, but if they can get those Artists that the iTMS doesn't have, I'll buy from them. Only when I have to, though, as it would be a hassle to get the songs on my iPod.

the300Mhz

Fitter Happier
I would be excited if I didnt already own all of their CD's and most of their other music....

I luv ya, Radiohead.

enjoilax

Somebody should tell Raine this... oh wait he already has all their albums, and boot legs. :p

raine

SY Fanboy
Website
www.cokemachineglow.com
It's true. I have all their albums and about 75-90% of their bootlegs. And seeing as how my iPod is on the way, I'll have it all at once.

Here's why Radiohead hasn't been on online stores: They want their albums bought whole. So maybe MSN is getting b-sides and such, because I doubt Radiohead would change their mind for Microsoft when they are big Apple users and have been for over a decade. I think Jonny has an Apple sticker on his guitar.

the300Mhz

Fitter Happier
raine said:
It's true. I have all their albums and about 75-90% of their bootlegs. And seeing as how my iPod is on the way, I'll have it all at once.

Here's why Radiohead hasn't been on online stores: They want their albums bought whole. So maybe MSN is getting b-sides and such, because I doubt Radiohead would change their mind for Microsoft when they are big Apple users and have been for over a decade. I think Jonny has an Apple sticker on his guitar.
Is there a really good way to get all of their B-Sides? I cant find many of them, and being the Radiohead lover I am, I really want to get my hands on them.

raine

SY Fanboy
Website
www.cokemachineglow.com
Well, my brother got a lot of them years ago when Napster was cool. I really wish I could help you out, because there's a lot of Radiohead to hear and a ton of it's awesome. My brother owns some stuff as well.

My recommendations: (Go to a really cool music store, if you can, and buy them.)
Airbag/How Am I Driving?
No Surprises
My Iron Lung

These are EP's. I dunno, you could try Kazaa or Limewire or something, I guess, but what we've got we've had.

More irony about Radiohead being on the MSN store:

Jonny uses an iBook ON STAGE, EVERY CONCERT.
They tout iPods.
In interviews, years ago, they've talked about how they use Apple computers.
They wrote Palo Alto, which is where Apple is located.
Paranoid Android is anti-dedicatory to big ol' Bill Gates, in a way.

The true Radiohead buff reporting.
My Iron Lung

Last edited:

the300Mhz

Fitter Happier
Alright, I'll check out my local record store. Hopefully I can dig something up in the huge used selection, because I want to expand on their full albums.

(And if all else fails, I'll ask Mr. Bearshare ;) )

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

raine

SY Fanboy
Website
www.cokemachineglow.com
No problem. Do you live near any big cities? I live right near Salt Lake, which has some, not many, really good music stores. But I'd buy whatever you can find, if it's good, because in the coolness scale of Radiohead fans, you raise a notch with every EP/Single you buy.

raine

SY Fanboy
Website
www.cokemachineglow.com
I like glory fans that buy that stuff. The real glory fans only like "Creep" and "Karma Police" and that's it. Or all they know is Hail to the Thief.

the300Mhz

Fitter Happier
Which is underrated, by the way. I dont know why people hate that so much...

raine

SY Fanboy
Website
www.cokemachineglow.com
It's too political for me. I mean, I may be a republican, but if it was pro-Bush, I wouldn't like it either. Plus, it's got some tracks that I really just don't enjoy. But that's because I expect more out of Radiohead. If it was any other band, I would love it way more.

the300Mhz

Fitter Happier
Yeah it is their 'worst' album (if you want to use that word), but hey, I'm pro-Bush as well, but I tend to apply the philosophy that if it is by Radiohead, it's gonna be damn good no matter what. I like it.

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
I don't think it's bad at all. I enjoy every track, even if it is "political." I actually think it's an awesome album. One of my favorites.