• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

R.I.P. iPod Box....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
well, here is what I think. every industrial design especially package one is how much you can pack them as many at a time. so that company will reduce the price. Apple considers not only design of box but also product itself.

enjoisoad

all of us that miss the cube box know that its not as efficant but that dosent mean we still cant remanise.

whymillywhy

Almost Jesus
Kris, mine came in a box like that, that ain't a cube in my book, thats why I said that At least I still got my outer box from my 4g too for memories

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
I find it ironic on how we all miss the iPod boxes but not the old G3 Cube Macs. Haha.

PLUS:
I think the decline of boxes started kind of with the fourth generation because they took out all the good stuff, like the dock. But..the box designs were cool. I think that was when Apple started to cut corners. Or better yet, the third generation didn't come with anything. No remote (I don't think...-_-), no case, etc.

azn1stknight

Capeless Superman
I have a friend who has the entire collection of boxes. He has an entire shelf designated for iPod boxes. Its cool to see the evolution of the iPod packaging. And I have to agree, the cube looks a lot cooler than the new ones.

dpid

opaque lounger
Interpol said:
Smaller size = less raw materials used = more environmentally friendly. Multiply that by the number of iPods sold. That's not an insignificant number.

Personally, I'm glad the boxes are smaller and produce less waste. Remember when CDs used to come in those god-awful cardboard longboxes? Talk about a real waste of trees.
What are cardboard longboxes?

aquatika

I will miss the folding cube box.

My first iPod (3G) was something special. It's not the same now. ;)

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
I haven't opened an Apple box in ages (since June to be exact). Have to wait til Xmas probably...

JeffsJeep04

Rock the Cashbah
I'm starting to realize that the 3rd gen was really a high point in ipod design (don't have one, never did, passed up saving some money on one to get a 4g as they were being released). The 5g is really sexy though...new design. I'm undecided on who wins over 3g vs. 5g. Maybe it's because I have a 4g, but it just seems kinda blah to me. I did get the sweet packaging though :D