• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

R.I.P. iPod Box....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Website
www.flickr.com
Not sure where exactly this should go, but since the iTunes 5 topic was here, I figured I'd post it here....

Is anyone else disappointed that the 5G iPod does away with the traditional "cube" box that (AFAIK) every full size iPod has had since the beginning? I know that Apple is probably trying to emphasize how thin the new iPod is (not to mention cut costs), but I was still sad to see it go....

podio

Why are you reading this?
Yea, I liked the expensive looking experience opening my first ipod, then when the shuffle came out they started a small box craze, lol. I dont know I dont mind, they all go in my closet anyway.

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
I like the boxes of the older iPods better. There was more of an "experience" when you opened them. But i suppose its more economical using the smaller boxes.

neb

Ah, but at the end of the day...it's a box!

neb

I think it's time for a few of you to think inside the box. Surely that more than compensates for a bit of glorified cardboard?

Emultion_Rawks

Resident iLounge Rebel
Website
www.thedigitaloasis.net
neb said:
I think it's time for a few of you to think inside the box. Surely that more than compensates for a bit of glorified cardboard?
True, but in my opinion, opening the old iPod boxes was a thrill on its own, but the new ones just don't have that feeling. :)

neb

Seems like I'm in a minority here. I can;t believe some of you guys put so much pride into a box, dear me!

iPod Master

Yeah, I definantly enjoyed the iPod box, and opening my new iPod. I still have my box from two years ago, sitting on my shelf. Yeah, I liked how apple payed attention to design from everything, from the packaging to the iPod itself.

stickuto

Sticky Lounger
iPod Master said:
Yeah, I liked how apple payed attention to design from everything, from the packaging to the iPod itself.
Yep. Its these sorta things that make the difference, my box is a classic ;)

whymillywhy

Almost Jesus
errr, full sized iPod Cubes didn't stop with the video, my photo came in a smaller box, so they started with 2nd gen photos

At least we got the iPod box opening experience

ipodphoto30

yeah my sister got the cube box for her photo. my 30 gigabyte photo wasn't as cubish. wish i could've gotten oen though, i liked the cube shape, before i got an ipod i was a bit confused on how to open it from seeing it on tv. still cool though.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
ipodphoto30 said:
yeah my sister got the cube box for her photo. my 30 gigabyte photo wasn't as cubish. wish i could've gotten oen though, i liked the cube shape, before i got an ipod i was a bit confused on how to open it from seeing it on tv. still cool though.
Oh? My 2nd Gen 30GB Photo became in a cube...

zapod

Gadgeteer
I still have the box for my 1G iPod. Figure it might be worth something in the future. (Yeah, like at the bottom of an archaeological dig! :p )