Quick question: video w/o rotating

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mpb2000

I have a mount in my car for my ipod video. When my wife and I go on long trips we play TV shows and other videos for the passenger to watch. For video, does the ipod touch automatically play video sideways, or will it play normally (obviously, not filling the entire screen) as long as it is not physically turned sideways? Thanks.

CVD

Music videos and video podcasts accessed via the 'Music' app home screen button will play vertically, but I don't think you have a choice with TV shows and movies.

mpb2000

I called Apple and was told movies would play in either direction on the ipod touch and the new nano, so I guess I'll just have to go down to the apple store to see for myself.

jkelley3382

I have put videos in the music playlist and it plays it vertically

it zooms in so it is more square shaped or you can press the arrows (that make the touch videos more widescreen in normal video play back) to make it widescreen in the vertical setting, zoomed out of course

ihatenames

Just to be clear, can you still play music videos and video podcasts in horizontal mode?

Also, does the touch support video playlists yet?