• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Quick, Easy Question...Need a Quick, Easy Answer

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mashpg

Ok, to do all the DVD conversion and decryption to load DVDs on your iPod, do you need a DVD player on your computer? If not...I'ma go buy me a iPod video right now :p

xjacobx

You do infact need a DVD drive on your computer. You can get those extremely cheap.

mashpg

grrr...what if i have everything (PowerDVD, and my computer recognizes the DVD) but the decoder?

xjacobx

mashpg said:
grrr...what if i have everything (PowerDVD, and my computer recognizes the DVD) but the decoder?
Can you rip the dvd to a .vob on your computer and view the video?

zfw

I'm fairly sure that the free K-lite codec pack (not sure if it's the mega or the regular one) contains a free DVD decoder.