Questions for unofficial Winpod 1.3 updater users

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bordeaaj

For those few who tried out the unofficial winniepod 1.3 updater made from the mac version, have you experienced any trouble with it? Is it different enough that you would recommend that I go ahead and try it out while waiting for the official version? What are the new features? Thanks.

pierugg

Website
itextwin.free.fr
I personally didn't experience any trouble with it, updating was flawless. As for the new features it provides, well there's a backlite button in the top menu(pretty useless...) but the real advantage is that 1.3 supports AAC/MP4, which allows more music on the iPod, as you get the same quality for about 60-70% of the mp3 filesize.

I hope this answered your question

Pierugg

AMG

Banned
worked fine for me too. in fact, its my new ipod that doesn't work anymore. boo hoo. :(

just broke this afternoon.

euangel

Website
www.broncosfreak.com
Didn't work for me -- tried it twice, but both times, I got the file folder with an exclamation mark icon. Luckily I was able to reapply the 1.2.6 upgrade, so I'm just using that until something official comes...

bordeaaj

Well, I applied the WinniePod 1.3 updater and it seems to work perfectly. I guess the backlight option would be useful if you normally had it turned off. I have yet to try any mp4s or AACs. Kind of anti-climactic, but nice to have anyway. Thanks for the replies.