Question for iSkin eVo 3 Case Owners...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Larathydo

Hey there,

I am trying to decide if I should get a Blue or Black eVo 3 case for my White 60GB iPod (5G).

My concern is this:

I've seen pictures of the blue case from reviews and the case itself is transparent. Hence, I would be able to see a bit of the white front of the ipod (not literally seeing the color white, but you know what I mean. You could tell the difference between a White and Black iPod in the case).

Well, What about the black iSkin eVo 3 case? Does anyone own it? I've heard somewhere that the case is solid black, without any transparency. The only problem I would have with this is the membrane which covers the clickwheel. Is it possible to read the letters and such on the clickwheel with the black case? or does the black case come with raised/embossed letters on the membrane itself?

I hope that makes sence. Trying to decide before tonight to get one :)

Thanks!

bbqhog

The black case is opaque. There are molded symbols on the clickwheel membrane. Pick another color. The hides the beauty of the ipod and it is a dust magnet.

Larathydo

Heh,

Thanks for the heads-up.

Do all the iSkin eVo 3 cases have molded symbols? Or is that just something the black case has?

maky

those pics make me glad i went with arctic. wanted to show off apples chrome/white design.

out of black or blue, i would recomend blue.

dalt_dalt

maky said:
those pics make me glad i went with arctic. wanted to show off apples chrome/white design.
So you wont be suprised, the arctic white isn't really going to show off the iPod's chrome/white design too much. Between the thickness/design of the case and the dulling texture on the back, it really doesn't look much like an iPod.

Still, I'd say that the case is not frosted/white/opaque enough--the transparency of the case shows molding circles that are on the visor. Plus, its clearness or texture tends to make the back look yellowish and smudgy. And I'm not talking about after heavy use; I'm talking about after 10 days. So my suggestion to iSkin would be to make it more opaque. (And thinner. And redesign that tear-prone hold switch. And better quality.)

Last edited:

prelude_114

yea.. i have a 5G 30GB and i had a pretty tough tmie deciding between the sonic blue and the black iskin evo3 cases. but as you all know, the black is just way too black for me.. i like my silicon cases at least somewhat transparent. i went with the sonic blue and with the black ipod in there, it just looks stunning and i could not be happier. true, it does indeed collect a good amount of dust, but it's nothing that can't be taken care of by using a little scotch tape once in a while.

hope this helps.

RndmManiak

Website
www.myspace.com
I have the blue and I have to agree it looks nice. With the black iPod the white of the letters shows through.

Just like anything; you cans see parts of it under and it may look to be white; If you look REALLY hard. The blue should show the lettering.

Don't get the black, so many people hate it. I love my blue case.

Last edited:

prelude_114

yup!! i love my sonic blue iskin evo3 case. hands down the best color there is.

btw, for those of you who care, the powersupport crystal jacket case has finally been released for sale on their website. but i think you need the special purchase link to buy it asap. i saw the link somewhere here in the case forums. i think i might have to get this case too. it'd be nice to have the evo3 case in the sonic AND the best clear plastic case as well.