Question about Transferring Using SharePod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MartyMcPod

I use SharePod to transfer my music, because it's a small program and very easy to use, and can stay on my iPod.

The last time I transferred however, it transferred all the music to one file, which is fine, because I can always consolidate the library with iTunes.

The problem is that I have some songs by artists with the same file name, (some are live versions, etc.) but different ID3 tags. Since they all go into the same folder though, SharePod asks me to rename the file as it is transferring.

It organizes fine and works well in iTunes, because of the tags, but I don't like having to rename the files.

Is there a way I can get around this? I haven't used any of the other programs, as I like SharePod, but I will need to transfer all my music to a new external HD soon, so I am willing to use another program for this purpose. I want all the files organized, so even if they all transfer into one file, I will be consolidating it after that.

I know how to go about transferring the music, as there is lots of articles on it, but I was just curious about this specific question.

Thanks.