Question about the pouch that the iPod comes with

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

KraziKid

Has anyone used this pouch as the case? If so, how does it hold up? Does it scratch the iPod more than the slip case it come's with? I am thinking about using it because it is thinner and I do not need the belt clip on the slip case. Thanks for the help

jjunker

Funny you ask... I HAVE been using the pouch. I've been doing alot of weeding in my yard, so I'll plop down on the ground with my iPod in that pouch and I can turn it up and skip songs by feel through the case!

I'll probably look into the i or xSkins evetually, but I've still got to pay off the iPod!

J.

KraziKid

jjunker said:
Funny you ask... I HAVE been using the pouch. I've been doing alot of weeding in my yard, so I'll plop down on the ground with my iPod in that pouch and I can turn it up and skip songs by feel through the case!

I'll probably look into the i or xSkins evetually, but I've still got to pay off the iPod!

J.
I got the iSkin, but I don't really like it. It's like 1 or 2 millimeters on each side, and it's just enough that I can't hit the main buttons without sticking my finger through the holes and an odd angle. It's a nice case, don't get me wrong, but I would rather be able to touch the buttons normally. Also, has the puch scratched your iPod as much as the slip case would? I just got done taking a good amount of scratches out of my few day old iPod with my zaino car wax, and this came to mind.

jjunker

I'm not noticing many scratches on mine - but I'm real careful. I expect to get some scratches, and actually, I'd rather get it over with so I'll be less anal about it!

lol

J.

KraziKid

Alrighty. Thanks for the help. So you say it's fine to use the pouch? It's going to be in my pcoket 99% of the time it's in the pouch (except when I want to listen to it in my car, it will be somewhere, but still in the pouch)

jjunker

it's worked pretty good for me so far, but then again I haven't had it in my pocket that much.

There are pretty soft bag/cases that Oakley makes for their sun glasses I've been considering trying.

If anyone else has any more long-term experience with using the iPod bag, let us know!

J.

KraziKid

jjunker said:
it's worked pretty good for me so far, but then again I haven't had it in my pocket that much.

There are pretty soft bag/cases that Oakley makes for their sun glasses I've been considering trying.

If anyone else has any more long-term experience with using the iPod bag, let us know!

J.
When you are weeding, where do you keep the iPod? On the ground in the pouch? Also, I have Oakley's, but the bags for the glasses I have (X Metal XX) is not wide enough for an iPod.

jjunker

KraziKid said:
When you are weeding, where do you keep the iPod? On the ground in the pouch?
On my lap/leg - but it's slipped off onto the ground a few times.

Also, I have Oakley's, but the bags for the glasses I have (X Metal XX) is not wide enough for an iPod.
yeah I was afraid of that. I haven't tried it yet, just *thought* about it

elementwrx

I've found that the Oakelys bag, although not big enough for the iPod is excellent for polishing up the back and getting off all those ugly fingerprints, although it won't remove scratches of course...