Question about the 60gb

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jessica.

I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find an answer to. I know that the 60gb fits into the 4th gen 40gb dock, but is there a lot of room to move around in there? Would I have to modify the dock maybe by lining the inside with felt or does it come with an adaptor like the nano?

Also, this is even more silly, but the 5th gen charges with firewire right? I mean charging via firewire while plugged into my mac...not via the wall.

Thank you and I am sorry if I am being redunant.

blinktwice

the 5g ipod can be charged from the firewire but you can transfer data to it with firewire.

L795

Can't, I believe. I think a message pops up on the iPod saying that it doesn't support firewire when you try to transfer songs that way.

filburt1

Scratchless 30 GB 5G
Website
www.webdesignforums.net
Okay, let's clear this up.

1. You can only charge via firewire, not sync.
2. Your dock is not guaranteed to be compatible with the current generation.
3. The iPod comes with a universal dock adapter which lets it fit into Apple's Universal Dock.

jessica.

filburt1 said:
Okay, let's clear this up.

1. You can only charge via firewire, not sync.
2. Your dock is not guaranteed to be compatible with the current generation.
3. The iPod comes with a universal dock adapter which lets it fit into Apple's Universal Dock.
The adaptor that comes with the 5th gen does not fit into my 40gb 4th gen dock. I just learned this because my nephew just bought one. Now I have a 4th gen to sell with three docks...bummer!

What I do want to know is can I use my wall charger with the firewire to charge the 5th gen? This would be important because I sometimes use my ipod next to my bed as my alarm clock/nite nite music.

Thank you and I totally appreciate your help.

gravis86

iPod Expert
moxxi said:
What I do want to know is can I use my wall charger with the firewire to charge the 5th gen? This would be important because I sometimes use my ipod next to my bed as my alarm clock/nite nite music.
Um... filburt already answered this question. YES, you can charge through firewire.