Question about switching phones

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Pghmyn

I have recently decided to spend my money on an iPhone, and there is no going back for me. Although, I do have a few questions about the device before I buy it (which is probably tonight).

I will begin with, how does the buying process go? Is it such as you enter the store, purchase the iPhone, and without signing any papers you leave? Or do you have to go through a process to have everything set up?

Next, if I have a preexisting phone (my RAZR) which still works fine, although externally damaged very severely, will I be able to just switch the SIM card into the iPhone? After that, then just register the phone on iTunes and be on my way?

If I just switch the SIM card, is there an early termination fee that will be charged to me for not using my RAZR any longer?

I believe those are the only questions that I can think of at the time, and I would be greatful if they could be answered. Thank you.

anypats

When you purchase the iPhone you just walk into the store and purchase it. Nothing needs to be written up or signed or anything like that.

As far as your RAZR goes if you are with AT&T then you will not be charged any termination fee or anything like that. You will just be signing a new contract (by activating the iPhone) that you agree to a new 2-year contract. If you are currently under contract with AT&T then you will not be extending the contract another two years. You will be under contract for two years from the day that you activate the iPhone.

I can't answer your question about the SIM card unfortunately. I don't know if you need to switch out your SIM card (assuming you are with AT&T). When I did mine I just connected the iPhone (with the new SIM card) to iTunes and it asked if I was an existing customer and what my phone number was. I entered the information and it activated using my existing number. I don't know if switching your SIM will transfer over any contact information or anything. I had all my contact information stored on my Outlook anyway.

If your current RAZR is with another service other than AT&T then you definitely do not want to try and activate the new iPhone over iTunes. You will want to start reading about jailbreaking. Also, if you are with another carrier and you are activating your iPhone over iTunes and wanting to port your number to AT&T then you will be charged an early termination fee with your current provider if you are still under contract. If not, then you shouldn't have any fees or charges but you would want to check prior to porting your number.

Pghmyn

Sorry for the misinterpretation, I am with AT&T currently, and I do not plan to switch to another carrier. I have about 1 year left on my contract with the RAZR, if that means anything. Thanks again.

sabresfan007

Nose Picker
Website
www.891thepoint.com
As stated above, your contract will extend 2 years from date of activation.

Also, to awnser your SIM question...you use the SIM thats in the iPhone, and just activate it using your current AT&T contract.

Finally, there is no early termination fee as this applies to early contract terminations...since your staying with AT&T...making the switch to the iPhone will be a breeze.

Enjoy!:cool:

anypats

Pghmyn said:
Sorry for the misinterpretation, I am with AT&T currently, and I do not plan to switch to another carrier. I have about 1 year left on my contract with the RAZR, if that means anything. Thanks again.
Your contract is with AT&T and not the RAZR. Therefore, if you buy the iPhone tonight then your contract will be up in 2 years from today. It does not add two years to your current contract.