Question about MP3 Gain

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

neo7288

*~ZWAN~*
Ok guys, i just finished re-ripping my collection into Mp3 VBR (Final f***in-ly) it sounds a million times better by the way. Ok so my question is, if i do an al### analysis and then do a max no clip al### gain will that damage the quality of the music....i mean i know it will remove the clip, but will it mess up how it sounds now. this probably doesnt make sense but i dont know how to explain. Will adding al### analysis gain and removing the clip mess up how sweet the music sounds now as VBR? because it sounds real good but it sucks because once i hit a certain volume level, it sounds really distorted. i hope that made sense...thanks guys

revmike

Website
www.
You're right it dosen't make sense. Just try it on a few songs and see how they sound before doing it on all of them.

pierugg

Website
itextwin.free.fr
If you use MP3Gain you can see to what extent you can raise the volume of your tunes without creating distortion(clipping), so then you just put all your tunes at a level that doesn't distort them....

pierugg

neo7288

*~ZWAN~*
i guess what im asking is it will the quality suffer from this or will it just remove the clip and set the volume levels?

pierugg

Website
itextwin.free.fr
MP3gain is lossless. But when the song's volume is too high there is clipping. So if you increase the volume too much you will distort them. Also some of your tunes probably already have clipping. So setting the level around 89-93 dB will set the volume level(same for all songs), and remove clipping from songs that have a (too) high volume.
Also if you increase the volume of a tune too much, causing clipping, you can then decrease the volume, and get exactly the same song, without clipping, exactly like the original.

neo7288

*~ZWAN~*
Ahhsee thats what i wasnt sure about, if it was lossless, but yeah i just remembered from another post thank you, i know about everything else i just wasnt sure if it was lossless. i just did an album analysis and now i apply max no clipping album gain...and i set the db to 92.5 i think that should be good right....thank you guys so much i appreciate it.....i let you know how it goes

Fant

Question, if MP3gain is lossless, is there a standard line level db that all mp3s should be converted to (like max 100dB)?

neo7288

*~ZWAN~*
from what i have read more than 95db your pushing it....i finished removing the clip and i put the standard gain as 92.5....do a search youll find a bunch of stuff on this topic

Doc Holiday

89db has been set as the best level for MP3's. That this level it very tough to find an MP3 to clip. I have set all my MP3 to this level and couldn't be happier. Yea there not as loud but, I don't use the phones with my iPod so I can just turn up the volume a little bit more.

slaw

Ephpod and mp3gain

Ephpod v2.6 and mp3gain v1.2 compatablitity issue.

I seem to recall that there was an issue with mp3gain v1.1 regarding ID3V2 tags. Has this been resolved in the newest version?

Have folks been able to use both Ephpod and mp3gain without problems?

Thanks

slaw