question about Live Updating SPL's on the 5G

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

miniMAMF

Hi again

Lots of questions from me lately, but when I'm getting a new toy, I always come up with lots. Thanks to everyone who's helping me out here.

Right now I have a 4GB mini, and this is one example of my complicated but effective (IMO) smart playlist system:

SPL: 80s pop
Match any of the following:
Playlist = 80s pop 5
Playlist = 80s pop 4
Playlist = 80s pop 3
Playlist = 80s pop 2
Limit to 40 songs by random

SPL: 80s pop 5
Match ALL of the following:
Comment contains "80s pop"
Rating is *****
Limit to 16 songs by "Least Recently Played"

SPL: 80s pop 4
Rating is ****
Limit to 12 songs by "Least Recently Played"

SPL: 80s pop 3
Rating is ***
Limit to 8 songs by "Least Recently Played"

SPL: 80s pop 2
Rating is **
Limit to 4 songs by "Least Recently Played"

I only sync the first SPL (80s pop) to the Mini.

I find this gives me a good mix of my favorite songs, and shuffles through the good-but-not-favorites every time I sync to iTunes.

Here's the thing: because of the "least recently played" parameter, when I play in iTunes, the playlists never ends. It replaces the last played song with another right away and keeps on going, past 40 songs. On the Mini, it stops after 40 songs and I can then choose another playlist to listen to. It can't reference the "secondary" SPL's because they're not on the Mini. It doesn't replace the last played track with the "least recently played" because the secondary playlists aren't on the mini.

Now, what's going to happen when I get my 30GB? I'll still only sync the "80s pop" playlist, not the secondary ones, but at least all my songs will be on the ipod for it to reference. Will it end up as an endless playlist like on iTunes as it constantly updates? Or will it stop after the 40 songs? Hopefully I won't have to re-do all my smart playlists, because I don't want endless playlists on my ipod (in iTunes I don't really care).

Hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks for any replies!