Question about international phone roaming...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

daihard

Hi.

I supposed I could call AT&T, but I'd rather get help from the kind souls like you than wait on the phone for 20 minutes for a rep who has no idea what he/she's talking about...

I live in the U.S. Naturally, my iPhone has a U.S. phone number (206-xxx-xxxx). Now if I took my iPhone abroad, could I still receive phone calls if someone called me at that number? If so, would international roaming fees automatically apply?

Thanks!
Dai

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
If you get the AT&T international calling/data plan for your iPhone, yes it would work where ever you are going. It will cost you though.

dtoombs

PodNews.net owner
Yes.

Call up AT&T customer service, ask to have International Roaming and International Dialing added to your account.

You can expect to pay anywhere from $1.30 - $1.99 PER MINUTE based on the country you are in ... but your phone will ring if someone dials your US number.

Also, absolutely, positively make sure your "data roaming" switch is turned to "OFF". If you think voice minutes internationally are expensive ... you should see what data will cost you! Fortunately, this switch (it's in your settings) will prevent the iPhone from using any foreign data.

...in any country, except Bermuda - apparently: http://dougtoombs.com/2008/07/23/bermuda-the-iphone-and-att-beware-the-data-roaming/

Enjoy your trip!