Question about adding TV Shows to iPod...Help!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MoonlitShadow

I have a 5.5g 80 GB and I just started to buy some TV show episodes from iTunes. My question/problem is after I sync my iPod to iTunes the episodes are not going on the iPod...or at least I don't think they are.

The episodes download fine and even show up perfectly within iTunes itself, but when I look through my iPod for them I'm unable to locate them. Obviously I'm looking under the Videos menu, but for some reason I only have a section for Music Videos, Movies, Video Podcasts, and then the Video Settings. A section for TV shows is not even on the iPod, even though the TV Shows listing shows up just fine in iTunes and the episodes I've bought are available to watch in there. I checked the iPod to make sure the episodes were not somehow getting placed in one of the other video lists, but they just aren't there at all. I'm running Win XP, the latest version of iTunes, and firmware 1.2.1. Any idea why the TV show list is not on the iPod at all and how I can get it on there to view purchased episodes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)

jmsfmtex

TV Sync

The only other place, I can think of, is when you connect your iPod to iTunes one of the tabs is "TV Shows". Make certain this is checked correctly.

I have the same unit and have had no problems. My iPod had "Video", "TVShows" and then the list of TV shows I have downloaded.

Good Luck

Jesse Hollington

Administrator
Website
www.ilounge.com
Yes, make sure that the TV Shows are set to sync (it's a separate setting from movies), and also check to ensure that you're not syncing only "unwatched" TV Shows, as this will prevent any shows that you may have watched in iTunes from being transferred to your iPod.

The other common reason for shows not to sync to the iPod is if they're not tagged properly as "TV Shows" and with a "Show" name. Of course, this shouldn't be an issue with content purchased from the iTunes Store.

The "TV Shows" menu on the iPod won't show up unless there actually is some TV content there.

MadBob

And make sure that in the TV Shows "Get Info" > Video tab you change the dropdown from Movie to TV Show before syncing.