Putting Photos and Videos on iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Can I put videos I find on Google Video on my iPod? What about little clips I have from video games i've recorded or something? Also, when I add photos to my library where does it go? I just got my new iPod and I feel kinda dumb.

EDIT: And another thing, what's this folder stuff? I just made a new folder and I have no idea what it's for.

Last edited:

filburt1

Scratchless 30 GB 5G
Website
www.webdesignforums.net
All the videos that you have must be converted into a format the iPod can read: MPEG-4 or H.264, both with AAC audio. I suggest searching for "video conversion" as this is asked very frequently. In general, nearly any video you download will not initially be compatible with your iPod.

Photos are much easier. I configured my iPod through iTunes (in iTunes, Edit > Preferences > iPod tab) so sync with the My Pictures folder in My Documents. Any pictures there (none, in my case) will be automatically copied to my iPod.

Folders where? Can you be more specific?

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
filburt1 said:
All the videos that you have must be converted into a format the iPod can read: MPEG-4 or H.264, both with AAC audio. I suggest searching for "video conversion" as this is asked very frequently. In general, nearly any video you download will not initially be compatible with your iPod.

Photos are much easier. I configured my iPod through iTunes (in iTunes, Edit > Preferences > iPod tab) so sync with the My Pictures folder in My Documents. Any pictures there (none, in my case) will be automatically copied to my iPod.

Folders where? Can you be more specific?
Alright-- i'm doing some searches right now.

The thing is, in My Pictures I have an insane amount of pictures. I just want to add a few pictures-- is this possible?

Go to File>New Folder. Interesting.

Pekemom

You may want to create a folder specifically for the pictures you choose to put in your iPod. I have a gazillion pics as well, and created a folder called iPod Pics in My Pictures. I copied or moved the pictures I want on my iPod and sync it up specifically to that folder each time. Works great!

Last edited:

filburt1

Scratchless 30 GB 5G
Website
www.webdesignforums.net
A new folder in iTunes is just a convenience for grouping Playlists. Unfortunately, they do not carry over to the iPod (you don't get the elegant hierarchy folders can produce, only flat playlists).

You may want to try Adobe Album. Apparently it is helpful for synchronizing pictures, or at least many pictures at once. I don't have a picture library so I can't help you there.

littleman23408

adobe album works great. its quite easy to use. very cool, links with photoshop if you have it, you just hit a button and your in photoshop editing the pic