Purchased tunes lost - help

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

davewe

Last week I had a major computer crash (my own fault). I not only damaged my hard drive and had to do a clean install, but accidentially synched my Ipod to an empty itunes, thereby wiping out the ipod. Almost all my music was on CD or backed up, so I went through the laborious process of reinstalling it.

However, the tunes I had recently purchansed (only about 10 fortunately) had not been backed up. I of course have the receipts for their purchase. Is there any way I can get them again from the Music Store without having to repay?

Thanks,

Dave

Narvitron

Call up Apple. I've heard of people being allowed to redownload their tunes in such situations.

Good luck!

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Apple knowledge base documents show that you must backup your files. The only redownloads I have heard of are ones that are determined to be of bad quality or if transmission was discontinued.

You will likely not get these tunes back without paying again. Unforunate, but the way it is. Sorry to hear about the crash. But you are now armed with the fact that you will need to start backing up any purchased music you buy from the store.

Cheers,
Stu

Narvitron

Call Apple anyway.. and beg. If you call a few times and talk to a few different people, they will let you do it. Just say something like "while they were downloading, my computer crashed and my hard drive died, and now everything is working again, so I'd like to redownload them".. it'll work.

Or you could just not try, which definitely WON'T work ;)