...Problems...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
Right,
Now i've finally got a hdd large enough to hold a copy of all my mp3 files, i've decided to give MC9 another try.

but after sorting out my library a bit to adapt, i synced all my songs back to the PC using ephpod, wiped iPod clean and then tried to find it under mc9.
It does list the drive and also has it named iPod but even after syncing songs it won't show any "artist" "album" etc tabs, only the 'device, itunes and music' files that one can also see in the explorer window...

Why isn't it recognising my pod? I downloaded the plugin and installed it, mmjb is long gone, i started with a fresh device?

When i right-click on the iPod's drive letter i only get the option 'format' not 'initialise'?

Please help!

Phil Lee

Website
www.rscnet.org
It sounds like you're looking at the iPod under the "My Computer" tree. You need to access the iPod using the "CD, DVD & Handhelds" tree.

ashawley

Website
www.
Also, make sure you're using the 9.1 version that was released yesterday. It's available here.

I also recommend that you start with a freshly restored iPod when switching from one program to another.

There is no need to download the plugin. It is included in the download of MC9.

Adam

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
well i was in the cd, handhelds etc tab, not in the my computer tab, but the iPod wasn't freshly restored, only formatted with ephpod - which left a few songs not in it's database it seems...

I'll try a restore later... ashawley, the latest version is the one with a 7 at the endd right?

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
Right, I've done a restore, made sure it's found in windows explorer, made sure the drive is named IPOD, etc etc...

But when i go to mc9 and right click on the iPod drive in the cd and handhelds menu i only get the option 'format'. When i select that it runs a second then a window pops up that says 'static'

After that, no change to ipod menu (i.e no 'artists, genre, album...)
Also uploading doesn't work!

HELP!

dmt1

Dismember
Website
users.domaindlx.com
How did you restore? If you restored MC9, I think you should restore your ipod if you haven't already...I don't know of any updates with a 7 in them, except for MC9 updates, so I'm assuming you haven't done a restore on your ipod.

For gen2, restore with the 1.3 update, for gen3, 2.0.1...If you do a full restore, then initialize for MC9, everything should work--Just checking to see if you went through this process, trying to narrow it down...

ashawley

Website
www.
Also, make sure you're not downloading any plugins for the iPod from JRiver (i.e. the iPod Plugin). The 9.1 version (available here, the first post) includes the iPod Plugin.

Adam

AptMunich

Amplioholic
Website
www.Ampliphonic.de
ok to clarify:

-i've restored the iPod
-got the latest version of mc9
-not sure about the iPod plugin, i think i installed it for the previous version of mc9 i was using but not after i updated to 9.9.??7. Maybe i should try a clean install of mc9??

I'll try that sat. afternoon when i'm at my pc again, until then any other remedies that i could try? i think ALL the mmjb stuff has been deinstalled, any way to check this? It's not in the software add/delete window any more, and i can't find it in the registery!?

Anyway, thanks sooo much for all your help guys, this is such a great forum! All the problems i've faced with my iPod so far havee nearly always been solved within a few minutes.

I think even with iTunes for win around the corner i'll stick with mc9, it's features do seem quite superior. I'll look into the store though when it's ready in europe ;)

ashawley

Website
www.
Well, check your plugin version, perhaps the old one is still there somehow:

Click on Tools>Plugin Manager. Expand the Handheld tree and select Portable Devices. The version should be 9.0.64 or higher.

If it's not, uninstall MC9, and reinstall the 9.1.26x version

Adam