problems with tracking music and video

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darkdreams

I have been having this problem with my 60g video ipod. I have been doing hard resets by holding menu and center button so the white apple shows up. I keep having to do this as my ipod has tracking problems as follows
1. I hit pause takes up to 30 seconds to pause.
2. I hit fwd takes up to 30 second to go to next song.
3. Video plays jummpy and stops and sound gets wacked.
4. try to play a video and it goes to play it but goes back to the video select menu.
5. Try to push center button to fwd video, I fwd video and it goes back to video select menu screen.

This is repeatable and happens every day.
Is my only option to to a full system wipe and restore on my ipod?
My ipod is 90% full over 5k songs and 99 video and tv shows (mainly stargate sg1 and atlantis)
This is getting very annoying as I never had this problem till I uploaded the newest I pod software.

:update:
I cannot play videos now anytime I do it starts to play but after a minute or so it frezzes and sound goes wacky and stays like that till I reset the ipod. so is my ipod fried?
Any ideas?

Please its getting worse.....

Last edited:

JMG

asdf
sounds like your hard drive or RAM isn't up to spec. Completely restore your ipod using itunes and resync. If not, it's time to drive down to an applestore and chuck it at the first genius' head you see. j/p, im sure they can help you.

darkdreams

you mean the HD and ram on the Ipod? my computer is fine its the ipod. I am going to do a restore hope it will fix things if not its probably a problem with the ipod HD as it just sits there for like 5 minutes searching for songs, and videos wont play more then a few minutes without freezing and stopping but sound continues like its a banshee screeching......will post my results tomorrow

darkdreams

Well so much for my ipod, I did a restore everything seemed to be working, left it to update while I sleep, but I woke up at 3am to check it. ipod didnt update everything only some of my music then it said update finished. I re-sync so it will updat the rest of my music and movies it starts updating and I go to bed, wake up at 6:30 there is an error message unable to file on ipod unable to something or another. Itunes says update complete rest of music and no video was updated.

SO I look at my ipod and it says do not disconnect, I wait and wait still there Hit egect button nothing So I close out itunes, nothing, try to reset ipod nothing, SO I remove the ipod still on there with light on taking it back to circuit city to get fixed. What a bummer man....