• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Problem with trying to load earlier stories on ilounge homepage from iPad

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
I was wondering if it is my iPad, or the site? Looking through the main page on ilounge, and tapping previous articles does nothing for some reason. I cannot read any articles except what is on the first page. Anybody else having this issue? I don't have it on any other site.

cjmnews

Staff member
Can you give some URLs so I can be sure I am looking at the same pages?

I'd like to see if this is universal.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
It's the main lounge home page. I click in All things iPod, iPhone, iPad and Beyond | iLounge. I read the stories scrolling to the bottom and then tap "load earlier stories". Nothing happens, the color turns to gray, nothing loads.

Just tried it on my iPhone 6+ as well and the same thing happens. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

cjmnews

Staff member
It appears that Safari does not support all AJAX functionality.

I found a number of articles on this. The page you are referencing uses AJAX to add more content below the spot where you click "Load More Stories".

I can't do much with that as I have no access to that part of the site. I can forward this to an administrator.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Just to bump this thread up a few months later, am I the only one that finds it a little odd that I cannot read all the stories about iPhone and iPad.....on an iPhone or an iPad? Seriously, this is the only blog of any type that I visit which I cannot navigate around....I've been a member for 10 years and used to love this site, now I barely visit because I cannot get past the first few stories. please fix this.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Hi and thanks for the report. We've been upgrading a few back-end components of the site, and as a result haven't really gotten a chance to look at this one yet. It oddly doesn't seem to affect all users, so I haven't tracked down the exact cause, but I have managed to reproduce it in some cases. I've bumped up the priority and will try and see what I can do about fixing or optimizing that chunk of code.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Well, I'm happy to report that after sacrificing a few woodland creatures under the full moon and reading their entrails, the problem seems to have been fixed. Turns out there are some seriously obscure Javascript differences between the iOS version of Safari and the desktop one, but the fixes are pretty much voodoo magic.... Many other reports of folks having similar problems all ended with statements like, "I don't know why this fix worked, but I'm just going to go with it and not question the magic."

At any rate, please check it out and let me know if you encounter any other issues.