Problem with Playlist playback, shuffle "on"

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Sosha

This is a new one on me.

I just loaded my holiday music from iTunes onto the iPod. My problem is specific to one smart playlist, with genre "Holiday". If I set it to shuffle "songs", it only sees the music 1 at a time (plays 1 of 1), and plays 1 song, then stops. If I set shuffle to "off", it sees songs as one of the playlist (1 of 222), and will go thru the music in order.

I tried deleting and recreating the playist.

I made sure "compilation" and "gapless" are checked "no" on all songs.

I have other playists that shuffle just fine. This problem only affects the one list.

I'm starting to feel that a power greater than myself wants me to listen to the holiday music in the order it's been loaded.

Any advice?

Sosha

Figured it our as soon as I posted.

"skip when shuffling" was checked as "yes". Huh.....didn't think that would affect the playback of the selected list, only the "shuffle songs" on the main menu.

Learn something new everyday. HTH someone else.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Sosha said:

"skip when shuffling" was checked as "yes". Huh.....didn't think that would affect the playback of the selected list, only the "shuffle songs" on the main menu.

This changed with some of the more recent software. It didn't use to affect individual shuffles, but now it does.... Go figure.

E-licious

Sosha said:

Where is this option? I'm having the same problem with my music videos playlist. I even tried to create a new playlist with a different name and it's doing the same thing.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Go to "Get Info" for each of your videos and the skip when shuffling choice is on the options tab (or, if you group-select multiple videos, the option will appear at the bottom of the window).