• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Problem with Jodix Free iPod Video Converter -- videos upside down.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GadgetGuru72

I've got an AVI/DIVX file that is 355x240 that I'm trying to convert using the Jodix program. It recommends converting to 320x240, and I played with the video and audio quality settings to a decent quality. Yet, once I click "convert," it starts converting the video upside down. It shows as being upside down on the preview screen, and the resulting video is upside down.

I realize there are many other programs available to convert videos, but does anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong with the Jodix program? I'd like to at least try to figure out what's going wrong with this one before giving up and moving to a different program.

Thanks in advance.

justsomedude

I have never used Jodix, so I have no idea how it decompresses video, but it could be a conflict with a DirectShow filter (if Jodix uses DirectShow filters). See the DivX Homepage for more information.

In case that doesn't solve your problem, you could try to frameserve your clip via AviSynth to Jodix, like this:

Code:
AviSource("C:\Path\to\your\video.avi")
In case it's still upside down, try this:

Code:
AviSource("C:\Path\to\your\video.avi")
FlipVertical()

Megaz

I have the same problem. The above codes didn't seem to work for me, and re-installing it doesn't work either. I tried using anothe converter, but the only other free one that worked is Videora, which doesn't convert about 30% of my videos, even if they are the exact same type of file as a video that did work. So any more ideas on how to get this working?