Problem with already converted AAC file

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

maisy

Ski & Blade
Hi All,

I have an audio book file which I have imported into iTunes using the AAC conversion method and then have manually renamed to m4b, making it a bookmarkable file.

My problem is that as the file is over 8 hours long my iPod will often skip, reset the file to zero, or even jump to another track! I understand this is because the file is too long/big.

My question is how can I split this file into acceptable sections given that -

- The original MP3 has been deleted, so re-importing is out.

- Markable will not allow me to merge the files and if I use it to import, it will do so but at the same file size/length therefore not solving the problem.

- I have tried a stand-alone audio converter (Cheeter) but it will not recognise the AAC file and the minimum bit rate is 92Kbps.

- I don't belive I can re-import an AAC file back into iTunes when it is already an AAC file, but I may be wrong on this.

If anyone is able to make a suggestion for a method of splitting the file size in order to make it a bookmarkable file of an acceptable size, I would LOVE to hear from you.

Thank you in advance,

Maisy

spot1701

Rock 'n' Roll Doggie
Website
www.rfrogs.co.uk
Rename the file back to m4a.
Then iTunes can re-import the file in any format you want. (aac, mp3, wav) Just change the import settings in Preferences.

Obviously the quality of the file will get less and less the more times you re-import (re-encode) it.

robert

Once you do the spot suggested convert back to mp3, you can use Audacity (free and see guides below) to split the file before using markable to make the file smaller. You will need to change iTunes importing settings (Edit>preferences>Import Tab and change from AAC to mp3.

Add the mp3 file to audacity and do a save as for 5 hour or less segments of the file, then use MarkAble to convert. Reset your import preferences before doing so.