Price on iPhone 6S Plus and Advice

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MoonlitShadow

Hi all,

I bought a 6S Plus (128 GB) just 40 days ago. It was purchased on Apple.com and picked up at the store a few days later. I needed a lower cost unlocked iPhone with a large screen, a lot of storage, and at the time, needed the headphone jack, which was why I chose the 6S Plus even knowing the 7, 8, etc may be headed for a price drop.

I see now that the 7 Plus (128 GB) is very close to the price I unfortunately paid for the 6S Plus ($649). I realize that I can't return the 6S Plus (as it has been a longer period than the 14 day policy) and I'm not necessarily looking to do that since the 7 doesn't have the headphone jack.

My question is mainly how can I find out what the price would be dropped to for the 6S Plus now if it was still sold at Apple, and how can I locate proof of the new price/value? I realize they were just discontinued from Apple's lineup, but my credit card's price protection would give me the difference of the price drop on any item purchased less than 90 days ago. I have to be able to prove the price has dropped though -- since it's no longer sold on Apple, how can I do this?

If it's not possible to prove the price would be dropped, what would Apple be able to do for me in this situation? The 6S Plus is essentially brand new so I don't want to do a trade in when Apple.com tells me I'd only receive $150 for a phone that I just paid $649 for.

I called Apple and they told me to go to the store and basically see what happens. I do still have the receipt, but before heading to the store I'm looking for some advice/opinions from anyone that has been in a similar situation with Apple. Has anyone that bought an iPhone very shortly before a price drop (or just bought recently discontinued model) been able to:

A. Get refunded a difference to account for price drop at Apple?
B. At least get proof of the drop for a price protection policy?
C. Been able to pay the difference of the next model up at Apple store or Apple.com?

Asking this b/c I know 7 Plus is now $669. I'd take the loss of the headphone jack if I only had to pay $20 difference for a newer model, but I know this is doubtful.

I know this is a long post, but I would really appreciate some thoughts and opinions from anyone with past experience with this. TIA!

vakkeverte

The iPhone you are using that is the version model of 6 series is good, there no need to pay extra for 7 plus.

Regards,
Smith

MoonlitShadow

The iPhone you are using that is the version model of 6 series is good, there no need to pay extra for 7 plus.

Regards,
Smith
As it turned out, the Apple store allowed me to do a full return of the 6s Plus since I bought it from them unlocked and I actually only had the phone 30 (not 40) days. The 6S was the only model that hadn't dropped in price as it was just discontinued days after I bought it, which thankfully they understood and took into consideration.

I decided to give up the headphone jack, but wasn't willing to give up the home button at this point so I chose the 8 Plus. Figured it might be worth the extra cost as it will receive future iOS updates for a longer period of time and give me the wireless charging option.

I'm grateful my Apple store gave me the option to return and rebuy. However, people tell me they have trouble hearing me a lot more often on the 8 Plus than they did on the 6S Plus so sometimes I wonder if it was the right decision. You may be right and the 6 series may have been made better in certain ways.