Preventing iPod from replaying or jumping to next song while walking?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

warrenpage

Hello, everyone, I have an iPod touch that I think is 5th Generation. (Not 100% sure). I'd like some assistance with it, please.

I play the iPod while mowing my lawn. It's in my front pants pocket. It's set to shuffle mode, and when I am in motion, I press the top right button to shut off the screen. However, when I'm in motion, sometimes the iPod jumps forward to the next song, or it pauses, or it replays the current song from the beginning. I am assuming the screen comes in contact with my thigh while I'm pushing the mower, and one of the controls is activated, even if I turned the screen off.

I'd like to prevent this, but I really don't know how. I don't know which settings to use to keep the iPod "locked," for lack of a better term. Is it possible to "freeze" the iPod so it just plays automatically? If it can be done, what's the best procedure?

Thank you! W. Page

cjmnews

Staff member
I would try turning the phone around to move the screen away from your leg, and add a passcode to prevent accidental unlocking.

The other possibility is if you have a headset with buttons on it, sweat could make it activate in a similar manner.