• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

PQdvd dvd- mp4 issues

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

darkdreams

I was wondering if anyone has used PQdvd to convert dvd's to MP4 format? I am having issues and have always had issues with this program. Mainly sound issues, such as static like when you play a record.
I recently got a new computer and dvd ripping is 20 times faster then on my old computer. Only the sound problem is worse, now along with the static I get other wierd sounds and break ups.
Another problem which I dont understand is that their email for support always comes back as undeliverable so I have to send a email for help to their order inquiry email and I get help that way, well not help just a load of bull telling me its my dvd, or my computer..

Anyone have any suggestions?
I have read and search the forums but I am lost as there are so many different programs to choose from. I dont have money to waste buying 10 different programs to find which one works for me.
I am not a computer guro if anyone can suggest a program that isnt hard to use and I dont have to covert things but enables me to record my dvds in good video format and cd quality sound. and maybe be able to record the extras (documentarys how movie was made ) on the dvd .

Oh I did buy a program from frys electronics unfortunately I cant get past the copyright protections on the program. I will post that program later tonight to see if there is a download somewhere to overwrite that.

Thanks for any help guys.

sharpycl

I use it, but don't have any issues with ripping any of my DVD's, actually I love using it cause it's the easiest i've used so far. Perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, then try encoding a different format like H264.

Do you hear the static during playback on your computer or on your iPod?

darkdreams

the static and noiseare on both my computer and my ipod. I dont have a clue whats wrong. and I have tried to reinstall and uninstall but if the problem goes away it just comes back after a few recordings.

kornchild2002

Are you resampling your sound? DVDs are mastered at 48KHz, make sure your software isn't downsampling to 44.1KHz. That might be causing the audio issues.