Post your local Bands The official Thread

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

honestbleeps

Website
www.honestbleeps.com
See my website (admitted self reference) openingbands.com for a slew of local and regional band listings for the Central IL and Chicago IL areas... Feel free to submit your bands to our list especially if you play shows in the chicago or champaign areas!

Some of my favorites:

Lorenzo Goetz
Absinthe Blind
The Pitch

And the place I started that website in, Champaign Illinois, was home to REO Speedwagon (oooh), and Hum (serious big OOH! but they're broken up)...

Last edited:

hobo

needs a new iPod..... hah
umm, we have an AMAZING band from my school, a group of High School seniors who make super music. It's amazing... these kids do covers of songs more musically (and stylishly) correct than the originals. They have been a band for over 5 years, and all have been playing for way longer than that time. Unfortunately, there is NO information about them online, odd because they've played local concerts and won contests and stuff.
They're called "I'm a loner, Dottie, A Rebel". I hate the name.

also, my band director's brass band (which is actually really cool) is at www.kingpinbrassband.com . It's a whole bunch of 20somethings that play brass instruments and make some hot hot music. The site is being built as we speak...

Hogwild

If you like Alanis Morisette, Fiona Apple, Natalie Merchant, Sarah McLachlin, Janis Joplin you will love Alyson Faith. I'm not friends or related to her in anyway, just a big fan of her music and local concerts.

www.alysonfaith.com

Radio Orphans

Website
www.songplanet.com
Radio Orphans

Hello, I am from the minneapolis based band Radio Orphans.
we invite you to download and listen to our free music.
Radio Orphans music can be found at various sites:

songplanet.com/radioorphans
download.com/radioorphans

We also have music videos for your viewing pleasure:
ourmedia.org/user/23839

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
btw,
If our music isnt your cup of tea, I do urge you to spend a bit of time looking at these sites there is a lot of free fantastic music..

have a beautiful day.

-radio orphans

vertigo25

Website
www.ipodnirvana.com
OMG... I'm discovering so much great music going through this thread.

Imaginary Baseball League, and The Golden Sounds that meandthesea posted are brilliant. I live in Knoxville, I'll have to try to get out that way to see them some time.

MattPaintballer

SLEEP NOW IN THE FIRE!!!
The Killers came from here :D I can't say I like them though...

There's also a rock band called Magna-Fi they played with KoRn at a local concert. Again, can't say I like either band.

bdb

On the B side of life
Well its not really a local band, but there's some good folk/rock at http://carbonleaf.com. There are about 30 or 40 songs for download. They also have some other songs on amazon.com.

Some of it sounds a bit like Dave Matthews...some is a bit more folksy.