• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Post your iPhone/iPod touch home pages!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

durrson

Website
www.tomrobson.com
I've just spent the last hour re-organising my home screens into something more usable and 'grouped' friendly. I'm pleased with the result and I was wondering what other people's home screens look like.. why not post your own now?

(If you don't know how to make a snapshot, press and hold the home key, then press and release the power button, after it flashes, you have a screen print in the Computer\Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\999APPLE directoy :)

Here's mine:

Jimmy97

I currently have 4 homescreens, I'll get around to posting them tomorrow morning as it's 3AM right now and I'm on my iPhone.

Jimmy97

Yeah, some themes are pretty amazing, and I was using one a few days ago, but I decided to remove it because themes slow down the iPhone quite a bit. I don't like the iPhone's default theme though, I'm hoping Apple introduces themes and backgrounds with firmware 3.0. The current one just looks childish to me.. It's a bit too colorful. I haven't yet encounters a theme that has made me willing to sacrifice a great deal of performance, so currently, no theme for me. Wish I'd taken screenshots of the theme I had before though.
My computer's kinda messed up, so I'll post my home screens when I get it working.
I'll also give a link to a thread where there as some pretty awesome themes. It's around 4 pages, make sure you view them all. There was one on the last page I found truly amazing too.
EDIT: it's around 10 pages, guess I was thinking of back when I first found the thread. Shame there's no copy/paste on the iPhone, would've come in handy right now. Like I said previously, I'll post the link when my PC feels like turning on.

Last edited:

Jimmy97

Alright... PC's up and running, let's get some screenshots :D
They're nothing special you know. All the same:

The fourth home page isn't even worth it - it's got like 2 icons.
I'm on Airplane Mode til the unlock tomorrow.

The thread I was talking about: http://hackulo.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=36
Check the 10th page for lucas's theme, I thought that was the best one, though there really are a lot of amazing ones (Kyek's theme on the first page).

My old theme was Black Neon Agua, but with the BlueBird theme's background. Both themes are excellent, I wish I had a screenshot of when I was using them.

Last edited:

drewhiggins

I like the transparent tiles one. Mine's exactly what you see by default because I can't run QuickPwn on this computer for some odd reason.

Jimmy97

You need .NET framework. Get the latest version from Microsoft's site.

ShadowMunky

OMG you guys can get such awesome apps e.g. Ocarina, Asphalt 4 and then we in South Africa are stuck with left over crappy stuff. Scr*w apple in South Africa

Jimmy97

I've since deleted Asphalt 4. It's a good game, and well implemented as hell, but it just gets old after a while. I'm too lazy to use Ocarina for anything besides casual fun or showing off that my iPhone can replace a musical instrument :D

R

ReyZero

Jimmy97 said:
I'm too lazy to use Ocarina for anything besides casual fun or showing off that my iPhone can replace a musical instrument :D
An instrument made famous by Zelda, come on now :p
I'll be damned if the next guitar solo on a concert is preformed by the iPhone

Looking a this thread, I really wish I could at least change the damn background without jailbreaking, I'd say add that to the 2.3 pile, but that'd only mean they wouldn't add it :(

Jimmy97

Ha :)
Why do you think Apple has something against consumer demand? It's just that Jobs has a very specific taste. In the end it all goes through him, and he chooses it all. I say backgrounds will most probably come to the iPhone, though when the then-current iPhone has a good battery life. Which could be a while. Then again, they already give you the lockscreen wallpaper, so Jobs might find the Home wallpaper a pointless addition since it saves battery life when it's all black.

I really hope they add themes though.

Wasn't that Zelda thing Ocarnia? LOL Ocarina is based on it? I mean I always noticed the similarity, and that the Zelda theme was up on the Ocarina site (somewhere) but I never thought the two were actually related. But then again I've only heard of the games and never played them... but I definitely thought "Zelda" when I heard "Ocarina".
Not guitar solo... maybe flute or something? :D Not that they use those...

R

ReyZero

The first Zelda for the N64 was "and the Ocarina of Time"
Don't be poking fun at flutes, I play in a symphonic band, iPhone will never replace instruments :p
Although, it was quite fun using the different instrument sounds on my Casio keyboard, and my MIDI program. Fun times
Does it really save "that" much better with a full black screen, although if you have full applications it wouldn't matter anyway. Still, the themes thing you're referring too would be nice, but I guess that's what jailbreaking is for.

Jimmy97

Exactly. It would render jailbreaking half useless.
Personally, I don't use themes. A few reasons: 1) none are good enough for me (I have a very specific taste) 2- They slow down the iPhone (if Apple intro's themes this wouldn't be an issue, part of the reason why I want them to) and 3) You wouldn't have the theme for all the icons, which results in an incomplete theme.
But the plain black and the childish icons get old really fast. I'm hoping Apple adds some themes, like a different background and dock, with a theme for the icons, that the App developers can make, and you could choose the icon. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to implement, and the only battery drain is the background. I also really want numeric battery and Wi-Fi (not happening, shame).
LOL I wasn't poking fun at flutes, just at the fact that they're not used in bands. I'm really into orchestral music, I think it's awesome. I don't play myself though (aside from guitar but that's not orchestra).
Wow I feel so stupid right about now. I always thought it was Ocarnia of Time :D Kind of makes more sense seeing as an ocarina is actually a flute (more or less).
Ocarina is really an awesome app in my opinion. But as far as replacing actual flutes? No I don't think it's even close. It's just a fun app.

ahMEmon

Post Your Ipod/iphone Screenies Here

Thought it would be interesting if we posted screenshots of our themed iPod touches/iPhones. If you can, please name the elements used in your theme.

Here are a couple of mine to start things off:

The theme is a heavily modified "Black Darkness" theme. I disabled the theme's default wallpaper and icons, modified some UI elements (borrowed from Monochrome) and thru Winterboard, set the dock to transparent.

EDIT: Oh yeah! And I think the font is Neo....? I don't remember....

Attachments

Last edited: