Possibly minor battery problem with iPod.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

First of all I usually leave it plugged in when not in use. But when I do use it with the battery power, it can last playing a whole night while I sleep on battery power. Sometimes when it’s plugged in and I leave it for awhile (and this is rare) the battery icon shows it’s not plugged in when it is plugged in. The only way I can fix the problem is take the cord out put it back in again. My only question is, why does it do that in the first place? Is this normal?

cjmnews

Staff member
It is common for people to not get the cord plugged in all the way, especially with the 30 pin connector, also happens less often with the Lightning connector.

DR0570

Actually this time the cord was in all the way both ends, I checked (I forgot to mention, sorry) and it was not connected to a lightning connector. But I do seem to remember the electricity went out for several hours that day.

cjmnews

Staff member
It depends on what the power source is.

If it is a wall plug, then you should always charge when plugged in. The exceptions being not plugged in all the way and lint in the charging port. You can try to clean the lint out, but Apple will do it for you at the Apple Store if you want.

If you are using a computer as a power source there could be several issues. Ports are disabled to save power, port did not recognize the device, computer did not boot after the power outage.