Possible tobreak one long "song" into many different ones?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mizzle

I downloaded the KEXP podcast of the Beirut performance at SXSW in mp3 form but its 57 minutes long...I wondered if it was possible in iTunes to create multiple songs from this one file. I've kinda done this before by going to options and then start and stop time but that only chops the end of the song off...i guess i want to be able to do this multiple times. Any help?

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Hey mizzle, you had the right idea by changing the start/stop options for the song, but what you're missing is the step to create a new version from those settings.

What you do is start with the original song and set a start/stop time for the first segment. Save the changes, then right-click (Windows) and select "Convert selection to ..." (whatever your importing options are, mp3, AAC, etc.) iTunes will then create a copy of the song, but will use the start/stop settings to trim it down when making the new version. When that's done, go back to the original version and re-set the start/stop time for the next segment and repeat the process. Keep doing that until you have all the segments parsed out from the original. Make sense?