Possible to backup the itunesDB file?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ajservo1

To me, it seems REALLY frickin' ######ed to base a system's capabilities around one EASILY corruptible file. I spent two freakin' weeks getting my ipod back into normal shape, DURING the holidays, lost all my album art, all my lyrics, photos, videos, and about 3400 of my songs that I had loaded onto the ipod. So, I restore all of this, and my itunesDB file died on me again.

WTF!!?

I figure it's the computer I'm using, if the ipod's attached to it during a reboot, chkdsk catches it and kills the itunesDB. Fine. But has anyone tried creating a backup of the itunesDB to use as a last ditch restore?

I now have to spend another 3 hours reworking on my ipod again for the second time this month.

If my ipod were a car, this would be the equivalent to keeping a "MAKE CAR BREAKDOWN" switch on the side that anyone in traffic could flip on your car.

It's the windows equivalent of losing your NTFS.SYS files because you opened solitare.