Popping sound on ripped songs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
I know this isn't iPod's fault or MC's fault, but I have a few songs I've ripped that are just so full of pops and "thumping" that they are unlistenable!

Is there any fix for this? I'm assuming it's from a bad spot on the CD or something. Any programs that clean it up?

ashawley

Website
www.
How are you ripping? You can change the ripping setting to "Digital Secure" this is the best setting. It will make multiple passes over the data to get the best results.

To change this setting, click on Tools>Options. Click on the Device Settings icon, then click on the Advanced Ripping Settings button. Change the "Copy Mode" to Digital Secure. At the end of the rip/encode you'll even get a report that shows you what if any errors were found reading the disk.

Adam

lalittle

ashawley said:
How are you ripping? You can change the ripping setting to "Digital Secure" this is the best setting. It will make multiple passes over the data to get the best results.
How much longer does the rip usually take in Digital Secure mode? I don't have a clear picture of how "necessary" this mode is with CD's that are in good shape. Do most people use the Secure setting all the time, or is this just something to use in certain circumstances?

Thanks,

Larry