Podcasts: error downloading, not enough privileges

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Cheers all,

I just had a major hard drive crash and after restoring from my clone, my podcasts refused to update getting the error.

Error downloading "episode". You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.

It says to check the URL for correctness and that the network is active. Both appear to be correct.

Removing and resubscribing does not change anything. I attempted to trash some iTunes prefs, but that didn't seem to help either... Though there appear to be about six different itunes pref files... I only deleted the main ones.

Any further thoughts. Only one account on the computer, it's an admin account.

OS 10.4.8
iBook G4
Latest iTunes....

I'll attempt deleting iTunes and redownloading...

Sparkee

Try to Repair Disk Permissions using Disk Utilities. Also check the Ownership and Permissions for the iTunes Music, Downloads, Podcasts and any other associated folders and make sure you have read and write privileges. Right click the folders, choose Get Info and Ownership and Permissions is at the bottom.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Ha repair permissions... It didn't cross my mind because I had did an "update washer" immediately afterwards that does that. Just did it through Disk Utility. No dice.

I knew this thing had to have something to do with permissions, but didn't quite know, what how...

I went to my music folder and is says the owner has read/write. It also mentioned that "Group" <shortname> had: no access. I changed this tab to Read/write, and applied to the entire folder.

My podcast is now downloading. I didn't have to delete and redownload iTunes :)

Thanks Sparkee.

I can listen to Weird Al play "Not my Job" on Wait... Wait Don't tell me now.
Stu