Podcasts Are Still in Library

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

RatherPlayHalo

Website
www.fansforscript.com
So, my iPod is set to sync automatically and the Podcasts section of my Library is set to only Keep All Unplayed Episodes.

After playing the 2 episodes that I had downloaded on my iPod, I synced it with iTunes. They are still there though on both the iPod and iTunes.

They've been played. Shouldn't the Keep All Unplayed Episodes setting have cleared them from the Library?

Sparkee

Did you play them all the way through to the end so the playcount increases to 1 or more? The shows must be played or fast forwarded to the end to increase the playcount to 1 or more.

Are the episodes marked to not auto delete? If you click the "Get" buttons to download previous episodes they are marked to not auto delete by default. Right click the episodes or the main podcast entry then click "Allow auto delete".

Once the played episodes playcount is transfered back to iTunes the Podcasts will need to "Refresh" to look for new episodes and the old played ones with a playcount of 1 or more will be delete. You can let it do it automatically or click the Refresh button on the Podcasts view in iTunes. I recommend adding a "Playcount" column to the Podcast section in iTunes to help with this. The blue dot being removed only indicates the episode has been played, but not necessarily all the way through.

What sync settings do you have the Podcasts set to for the iPod? If set to sync all episodes they will need to be deleted from iTunes then the iPod will need to sync with iTunes once more for them to be removed from the iPod.

Last edited: