Podcasting

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

R32_Nakazato

d[^_^]b
Website
www.cardomain.com
Well, I've just discovered podcasting and I'm really enjoying it. I am however having difficulty finding some really good feeds. Could anyone recommend me any good podcast feeds?

basklover89

I think we've heard of it but theres been a few topics on it already, anyways, what are feeds are you looking for, The news one is what I use, that and ipod agents news and I'm set.

UberLucid

so, any recommendations on good podcasts to check out?

interesting news?
funny comedy?
great music?
something unique?

The podcast listing is kinda overhwelming, would love to hear what everyone else is diggin'...

-Lucid

zilla31

yeah the available feeds are def overwhelming - i'd like to hear what people think are quality podcasts as well... i can't believe we aren't talking about this more here in the lounge :)

ack389

Personnally, whenever I try to get into podcasting, I don't know which feeds are good. For example, if I am looking for daily news, I don't now which ones are good or local.

basklover89

I listen to the source code, its a must, run by adam curry who was a former mtv vj. He puts good stuff on his show. He's the real deal most of the other people sound crappy but still talk about interesting issues.

antwerp

http://audio.weblogs.com/

the content's limited right now; I mean bloggercon and blog meetups? Guys talking about Halo 2?!? NERDS! Seriously though, I'm guessing I keep up to date with rss and tech sites more than the average person, but I don't want to hear bloggers talk about the future of reporting weird news items and political diatribe on the net. Other than that, it's mostly mainstream music and airamerica broadcasts and the novelty of having someone choose your music for you.
The NPR updates look promising... are there any CBC or BBC broadcasts? This American Life maybe? College radio broadcasts?

iPulse

Wanna buy me an iPod?
So is it basically just recording live web feeds and putting them on your iPod as audio files?

On my iPod i got all the Radio Stations from Grand Theft Auto Vice City and I got 2 stand up comedy acts of Eddie Murphy

antwerp

iPulse said:
So is it basically just recording live web feeds and putting them on your iPod as audio files?

On my iPod i got all the Radio Stations from Grand Theft Auto Vice City and I got 2 stand up comedy acts of Eddie Murphy
Yes it is, it's all done automatically and I'm guessing outside of iTunes. Most of the casts are homebrewed amateur pieces, some music singles and I saw a few air america pieces too.

All we need is some radio pirating, i used to convert RA streams to listen on my iPod.

altcountryman

no depression
moxxi said:
I have Leo Laportes stuff and Adam Curry. I was looking for NPR.
I'm using Replay Radio to record a LOT of NPR stuff. Not actully podcasting, I don't think, but still inexpensive NPR to go!

It's always cool to meet anothe NPR fan! Like This American Life?