podcast mp3s not available

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pursuant

I download old radio shows in the form of mp3. I load them on Itunes, change them to podcasts and they show up in my podcasts directory, but when I syncs my Ipod touch (latest version) it may see 2 or three. What it does show is the file but when I click on them to play it says i should subscribe to them. These are not subscribable, but just files.
When I use my old Ipod classic these files show up and I can play them. I can load as many as I want and they show up under podcast.
Is there some setting or limit about files added? Why cant I see all these files on my Touch?
Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
The old podcast app used to handle this just fine. I deleted that app a couple years ago, and switched to Overcast.

I downloaded the most recent version of the Apple Podcast app and selected 7 audio files and changed them to Podcasts.
Synced to my iPhone X and I see them all. They are grouped together as they were originally a series I pulled off of CDs, they are ignoring track order, which is unfortunate, as they would play out of order.

In iTunes, what is your sync setting? In mine I have Sync ALL Unplayed episodes of selected podcasts. Here you can set to only sync the 3 most recent podcasts. Maybe you have limited it here.

pursuant

Thanks for your reply
I have "sync all unplayed episodes of all podcasts" and the limit episode off. I think it was set to 5. I'll see if this makes a difference.
I am not happy with the podcast app on the "touch"It was much clearer in my old Classic. The touch shows podcasts I can download. I always just down load what I want then sync. I just want what I have on my device. I dont want what I could have . You mentioned an alternative. I see the App in the Apple App store." The Podcast App" and the one you mentioned "Overcast". These are different then what comes with The Ipod Touch right? The apps also say they are for Iphones. Can I assume the touch and the Iphone are the same?

cjmnews

Staff member
The iPad Touch runs iOS, just like an iPhone. So generally apps are compatible across the devices.