Pleeeeeease someone help with my internet problem

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
I did a search and saw no solutions, I'm really hoping this is something that could be fixed. I get Wireless internet at my office full signal on my Touch before and after the 2.0update. I get it at Paneira Bread, no problem, got it at a rest area this weekend no problem also with the 2.0. Before I did the 2.0 update, I also got perfect Wifi signal here at home. Now after the update I can not get a full signal, my internet is slow when I get it at all, if I check stocks and weather, it may update 1 out of 20 times. WTH happened? I am very frustrated right now.

I am running a Windows XP SP2 PC Laptop
I use a Linksys Router that worked perfectly before the update, my laptop gets perfect wifi as well as my work laptop, so the only 2 things that don't seem to be playing well together is the 2.0, now 2.02 software (was hoping that would help) and just MY Router. And I did update the Firmware for the Router, that also didnt work. :confused:

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Since you said that 2.0 works fine in other places and its just at home you have trouble, do you have trouble at home when you're really close to the router?

If you only have trouble when you're further away then maybe your installation of 2.0 degraded the Touch's wi-fi receiver sensitivity. Restoring the Touch may correct that. Although there are reports of wi-fi issues with the 2.0.x release, not everyone has trouble (mine is working just fine) so there could be subtle differences in the hardware performance and/or integrity of your 2.0 installation, which a restore may correct.

If you have trouble at home in the same room as the router, then this is probably something on your network since you have no trouble in other places. If you've updated firmware on the router, confirm that you haven't changed any settings like the number of IP addresses the router issues, channel being used, etc.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
If I roll back to the old firmware, does that mean if I upgrade when there is an update with fixes, I have to pay the $10 again?

I will try a restore. I am right next to the router on my desk, like I said though, I have no problems with this router with 2 laptops, and I bring one laptop outside on my balcony occasionally. Just seems that for some reason the Touch post 2..0/2.01 updates dont want to play well together.

When I upgrades the routers firmware, I didn't change any settings.

Thanks

geekymamaw

I'm having the same problems. Wifi is intermittent , not reliable, slow connection. Really big problems at work with the microsoft exchange. If I restore, will I lose all my applications I just bought? And restore to what? the 1.14 or the 2.0 software? I miss my Sony TH55

AndyT4097

I thought the 2.0 upgrade was tied to your iTunes account, right? So if you downgraded, then decided to upgrade again, you wouldn't have to pay again right? Thats my understanding.

Mel81x

my Wifi did take a small beating when i upgraded but it just takes a longer time to find the router now and doesn't actually cause a problem when i connect. However, I have a friend whose touch will no longer connect now. I am meeting him on the weekend and if we manage to fix it without downgrading ill surely come back here and post it.