Please share your most creative playlist titles.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

RocDaMicRite

Lower Classman
Website
www.myspace.com
Any one have cool *creative* playlist names?

i know this is a topic for all ipods but i mean i have a nano and i thought i should just post in the nano section but if this needs to be moved then so be it. Just looking for some cool creative playlist names. just sharing. if you can explain them to that would be great.

1. Assignment #10- I use this when i do my homework and study. its slow and quiet music. I also use this on the bus when im bored.

2. Choronicles of Movement- Dance Songs- Hip Hop

3. Come on DJ- Remixed Songs

4. Nanos Best- My favorites

5. Reggeatons Best- Music by Reggeaton

6. Slow Sad Symphonies- Sad songs i play when im mad or sad to calm my nerves or to let our tears. :(

7. Story About Musicals- Songs from broadway musicals and more... right now i only have the wicked original casting on there. but im getting Les Miserables and Rent as well soon. YAY!:D

8. The R's n B's of Soul- R & B/ Soul faves that also calm my nerves and when im in a quiet by jovial mood.

ZoidbergD

I have a bunch of Smart Playlists in iTunes set up to make syncing my huge music library simpler:

2005 Releases: All songs that came out in 2005.

Five Star Songs: Songs that have only a rating of five stars.

New Songs: 100 most recently added songs, not including podcasts.

Running Playlist: All music with Electronic as the genre, with rating of 4 stars or higher.

Movie Soundtracks: I listen to this playlist on shuffle on the train. All songs that have Soundtrack as their genre, with 4 stars or higher.

I have a bunch of regular playlists as well:

Damon Albarn Mix: A selection of songs by Blur, Gorillaz, and from Damon Albarn's solo album.

Radiohead at Field Day '03: A playlist of songs from Radiohead's setlist at Field Day 2003. I went see that show.

Last edited:

RocDaMicRite

Lower Classman
Website
www.myspace.com
ooo i like your 2005 releases and Songs for Running idea i may start using the Smart Playlists option but i just sometimes just like manually doing it. i find it much more fun doing that. i dont know maybe i just like doing it the harder way but im definatly going to find a good idea for a smart playlist soon.

ZoidbergD

No, I manually entered in all the tag information for my songs. Although the Year tag should be already entered in for you if you rip your music from a CD or buy it on from the music store.

yodagreg

Website
yodaiam-.blogspot.com
for me, if you like a certain artist like, Avril Lavigne, i'll put there.. < MY FAVOURTIE AVRIL SONGS!> simple as that. i don't reallly put funky names, except for, yodagreg fm. hehhs.

Poprox

Doer of Madhattery
Website
www.ilike.com
I set mine up rather neurotically.

I have six main sections under which I label playlists...

Album And Remixes-Just as it sounds. I put whole albums with b-sides and remixes from that album. I also use this to make special artist lists (stuff from artists that do not have much released, but enough to make a playlist). The way I label these are as follows...AR: [insert band/singer/album name here]

All About The Mood-Theme specific lists. For example, "Songs Of Defiance (songs with a hard "I don't like you" bent) and "80's Goodness (songs from the 80's that define it)" I label these AATM: [insert title here]

Best Of-Best of artists or genres. I label these Best Of [insert title here]

Maximum Groovitude-My dancefloor anthems. I then sort them by style. Rockier dance songs, club anthems or something to that effect. I label these MG: [insert style here]

Mixes-Remixer specific lists. I label these Mixes: [remixer name here]

Remixed-These are my artist or genre remixed theme lists. For example, all LeAnn Rimes remixes are collected here. I label these Remixed: [insert artist or genre here]

I have a ton of playlists...it makes my friends freak...

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
Never Before Heard! Is the name of the one that has all of the songs I have not listened to in a while. That's about it. I had one called the forgotten for songs I hadn't listened to in the past month but I got tired of correcting the dat on the playlist every couple of days.

BryanJ

Nothing all that odd, but...
I have a smart playlist called "Long Songs" that has only songs longer than 6 minutes, 32 seconds, because sometimes I'm in the mood to hear just longer songs.

casa~la~rocka

candy cane child
Some of my playlists:

Blue-eyed Soul: (Average White Band, Hall & Oates, Spencer Davis Group, etc.)

Spandex and Aquanet: (Poison, Warrant, Whitesnake, etc.)

Neo-Garage Revival: (The White Stripes, The Strokes, The Hives)

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
Jam Band = Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, moe., String Cheese Incident, etc...

Listen Up - Unlistened to songs that I may want to hear. It excludes spoken word, some jazz etc...

Modern Rock - Rock music from a year greater than 1983. Don't ask why '83, I forget, but there is a reason somewhere... It's not foolproof because of new compilations of old artists and greatest hits etc...

Rate Me (Somewhat of a play on Nirvana's Rape Me, but not really) - Unrated songs. Down to like 600 now, from 200 a couple weeks ago.

Jazz I Like - Jazz with a 5 star rating.

1.3 Hours - A 1 hour 20 minute OnTheGo playlist that I liked so kept it and changed the name.

Glorybox3737

Most Awesome Lounger
I have a playlist named all together now- that's all the duet's I have
Best of 90's rock- God I miss the 90's
One Hit wonder- those are the artist that i only like one song from thier albums
Jammin- It's a playlist with a lot of jazz based songs, listening to it right now. I love you Cinematic Orchestra!
Kinda Lilith- All my favorite bonifide lesbian songs
Dang Catchy tunes- All the songs that I tried not to like. Curse you nsyn and christina aguilera! Curse you!
Oh and also pure agression- basically all my hard rock songs. Makes me wanna do some violence..well not really but i feel really bad a$$ listening to it.

Website
www.xanga.com
Now that I use my 4GB nano most often, I had to really limit what I pick to sync. I like this as now I know I am carrying the things I like to listen to most of all. I created these playlists (but I am currently thinking to rename them, which is how I found this thread hahaha). I have:

"Bam!" (my 50 most favorite songs at the moment--changes pretty often)

"Electroshock Therapy" (my fav DnB/techno/etc songs)

"Meditate On This" (stuff to calm down to)

"Naughty Bits" (songs with super naughty sexy lyrics *blush* hahaha)

"Lost In Translation" (songs that remind me of places I see out of windows when my family vacation in various countries.)

"The A-List" (a smart playlist of all of my 4 & 5 star songs--about 182 songs out of approx 1600 total songs in my library)

"The Bookshelf" (contains the one audiobook I am currently listening to--changes as I listen to new ones)

I also listen to various podcasts (but no 'playlist' for those). After all of this, I have about 1.75GB of space free still.

Ok, these are the playlists on the iJing. I hope you like them!

Take care!

*~Jing~*

Last edited:

clockw0rk

Website
www.myspace.com
Really good thread. I'm really interested in iMacc's playlists, the whole name thing seems like a really interesting/creative way to catergorize playlists. I do my playlists more on certain emotions such as "Anger/Hate" or "Relaxed/Calm" but I've been trying to come up with some more creative types of playlists.

lost&found

I had an idea to make one called "Needs more Cowbell" it was going to be comprised of songs that have a cowbell in them.

So far I have
Kaiser Chiefs - Modern Way
Queens of the Stoneage - Little Sister
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper

and a few others that escape me at this time.