Please share your most creative playlist titles.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

flynn

Website
lighthousereviews.com
Right Now:

Classic Cuts (Classic Rock)
Dour Brits (Coldplay, Radiohead, Blur, Keane, Aqualung, etc.)
Indie Kids (Iron & Wine, Postal Service, Shins, etc.)
Mannish Boys (Blues)
Pickin' & Grinnin' (Bluegrass & Newgrass)
Suffragette City (Chicks)

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
I have quite a few playlists. I'm slowly working on trimming them done, but it's no easy feat.

"Keep 'em hot": 2 hours of 5 stars selected by most often played
"Make 'em hot": 2 hours of 5 stars selected by least recently played
(The above are used in conjunction with my five star recycle, hot, and forgot playlists based of last played ranges too cycle through favorite songs).

"Take me back...": Songs from my high school years
"Remember this?": Tracks played at least once, but not in the last month, rated above 2
"The Big "O"": A selection of songs that titles start with the letter "O"
"Meet and Greet" The not rated playlist

MrZebra77

Just had my iPod for a few days now so only 2 playlist so far.

"HapsaM Dsr" (Means "Destroy Sadness" in what could be described as a made-up language, won't go into details here...) which are songs I like to listen to when I'm sad. I do plan to use similarly named playlists for other mood-specific playlists.
"Thousand Tracks" I was queuing up albums that I like from my collection, and when I played that On The Go Playlist, it totalled 1000 Tracks exactly. So when iTunes synced it, I renamed it "Thousand Tracks"

I plan to create a few playlists that mimics what I used to pack in my CFCard Player, only this time, don't have to drop a few or use a lower bitrate to make it fit. Usually by country, age and similar sounding artists. For example, one playlist with Avril, Fefe Dobson, Skye Sweetnam, Tegan & Sara. Then another one with Dido, Natalie Imbruglia and Melanie C. Along those lines.

And I will probably start rating my tracks and make a 5 Star Smart Playlist and a 4-Star and Up Smart Playlist.

graphicgeek2

New York State, Not New York City, they are differ
.:. Stacked Deck (Just what it sounds like, a mix of songs that when I out on shuffle I know I will like
@+ (All female Vocals)
@! (All male vocals)
New RIP (For the new tracks)

And to an earlier poster who wished he could shuffle albums, you can, just go to settings->Shuffle-> and get it to album. Thats how I've been listening to my music for the last two weeks. In order, but shuffled I love it.

punxking

Punk's Not Dead...
I have a bunch of playlists that are mixes of just random songs that I like. Since the idea for these was to mix lots of different, random artists and styles, they all have nonsensical names that relate to animals somehow (I just picked animals arbitrarily, so that if it has an animal in the title I know it's one of these pseudo-random mixes.)

I like quite alot of rock, punk, new wave, blues, jazz, country, bluegrass, etc. I think you might be surprised how many people have very diverse, eclectic tastes in music actually...

Fiendishthingy

Website
www.penguindreams.us
Mah Blooz - songs I find particularly appealing in sour times

Phish Phry - you guessed it

96 Tears - A playlist I made with lost love songs, and when I realized there was 96 songs in it, that's what I called it. Oddly enough, the song it was taken from didn't make the cut.

I also had three categories of songs about drugs:

1. Drugs - Al-key-hawl - Included "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer and "Chug All Night" by the Eagles

2. Drugs - Grass - Included "Burn One Down" by Ben Harper and "Like Humans Do" by David Byrne

3. Drugs - Harder Stuff - Included "Opium" by Marcy Playground and "I Got You" by Stone Temple Pilots

jk2004

Smart Playlists is the thing in iTunes. This is the way I organize my playlists.

I use the Comment field to add additional tags depending on the mood. Eg: Easy Listening, Toe Tapping ...

Then create Smart Playlists :

Smartplaylist1 - give it a name you like

Conditions:

Tick "Match of of the conditions"
Year in the range of "1980" to "1989"
Genre contains "Pop"
Comment contains "Easy Listening"
Tick Limit to "25" songs selected by "least recently played"
Tick "Live updating"

I use the Autosync mode to sync iPod and iTunes.

Now every time I select the above playlist I get 25 songs which have been least recently played which match the conditions.

When you have "Live Updating" ticked, when you re-visit the playlist all the tracks that you have completed playing within the playlist dissapear and new tracks get added.

So you have a neat playlist which gets updated automatically as per the conditions you set.

What's more create few of these playlists and then create another playlist with following conditions (to have a cascaded playlist):

Tick "Match ANY of the following coditions"
"Playlist" is "Playlist1"
"Playlist" is "Playlist2"
"Playlist" is "playlist3"
Tick Limit to "25" songs selected by "least recently played"
Tick "Live updating"

Now this playlist will have 25 least recently played tracks picked from any of the 3 original playlists to give you a much more randomized playlist.

Got the idea ?

Give it a try and you'll be glad that you did.

jk

Website
www.xanga.com
Re: Creative playlist names?

Abrek said:

Easy Rider: What I consider my in-car music, Blues Traveler, DMB, Ryan Adams, Jet, etc

Equilibrium: "mystic pop" like Era, Lesiem, Delerium, Enigma, etc

Girl Interrupted: Female vocalists, Sarah Mclachlan, Jewel, Poe, Sneaker Pimps, Gabrielle Pieterangelo, etc

Hitch: Music for, well, anyway, its mostly Depeche Mode, U2, Concrete Blondes, etc

Secret Garden: Meditation tracks, ambient stuff like thunderstorms

Training Day: Workout music, Disturbed, Eminem, ICP, etc

Unbreakable: Superhero music, all tracks with superhero themes or from superhero movies

Urban Cowboy: Modern rock country stuff, like Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Trace Adkins, etc
I love your names. Mine are very boring and now I want to change some, maybe adopt some of yours hehehe. :)

Mine:

1. Electronic -- elec. techno, trance, house, etc
2. Jazz/World/Other -- s.e. (self explanitory lol)
3. R&B/Hip Hop/Rap -- s.e.
4. Rock/Pop/Dance -- s.e.
5. Jing's Drive iMix -- songs that make me drive slow and calm like "Automaticamente" by Zero Sospiro, or "Appetite for Disctruction" by Funkstorung, or "Black Achievement" by Stars As Eyes (I tend to speed in my little Mini Cooper S LOL)
6. Jing's top 40 iMix -- my 40 fav (any genre).

I definitely like your names better though. I 'm going to change them when I get home :) Maybe you can give me suggestions based on my playlists (like what would you call r&b/hiphop/rap?)

*~Jing~*

Abrek

Quick possibilities...

r&b/hiphop/rap: "Boyz in the Hood"
Jazz/World/Other: "The Big Easy"
Electronic: "The Matrix"
Rock/Pop/Dance: "Saturday Night Fever"
Top 40: "The Incredibles", "As Good as it Gets"
Drive Mix: "Rush Hour", "Fast and the Furious"

I made a couple more for myself:

Independence Day: Indy tunes
Somewhere In Time: Stuff with a medieval flair (Aria, Medieval Babes, etc)
The Dark Crystal: Invigorating darker classica (Gladiator, Pirates of the Carribean, Ride of the Valkeryies, O Fortuna, etc)
The Game: Gaming Soundtracks (EQ, WoW, Halo, Castlevania, etc)
The Highlander: Celtic/Scottish/Irish
The One: I usually get entire albums of artists, these are the exceptions (whether by choice or because they're compilations)

Website
www.xanga.com
Abrek said:
Quick possibilities...

r&b/hiphop/rap: "Boyz in the Hood"
Jazz/World/Other: "The Big Easy"
Electronic: "The Matrix"
Rock/Pop/Dance: "Saturday Night Fever"
Top 40: "The Incredibles", "As Good as it Gets"
Drive Mix: "Rush Hour", "Fast and the Furious"
Brilliant! I love "The Matrix" and "Fast and the Furious (but I think I will use 2 Fast 2 Furious hehehe).

The Big Easy.....I have heard that expression before, I think. I like it too!

Hmmm maybe something diff for Rock and R&B? (I know...beggers cannot be choosers hehehe).

ThxThx for your suggestions! I changed the others already :)

*~Jing~*

Jet_Pilot

I used to do a lot of mixtapes when I was young and would give them weird names and draw designs on the cassette and case. I wish you could associate pictures to playlists on the iPod photo so I could have the same feeling. But at least we can name our playlists. Here are mine. They contain ten to fifteen songs each with no particular style.

Taste
June 7th
Orange
Montreal
Disappear
Loque
Exit 476
Julia

Kidtnt27

"Bruce Banner" - Jazz
"The Incredible Hulk" - Crunk Music / "Gansta Rap"
"Bruce Wayne" - Classical / Easy Listening
"Batman" - Heavy Metal / Alternative / Punk
"Peter Parker" - Blues
"Spider Man" - Electronic / Dance
Kurt Wagner "Nightcrawler" - Religious
"Road Runner" - Techno
"Coyote" - Rock
"Yosemite Sam" - Country
"Pepe Lepu" Easy Listening / Love Songs / Love stuff

I change the names up depending on the mood I am in that week....

Abrek

"The Big Easy" was a crime/drama set in New Orleans (big easy is the nickname for the city). Jazz made me think of New Orleans, and the movie hints at 'easy, laid back, etc', which goes along with the world/easy listening. (incidently, what type of world music/easy listening do you listen to?)

As for different Rock and R&B, lemme think....
Rock: School of Rock, Empire Records, Backbeat

R&B: Soul Food

Educa27

Here are my Playlists (not including the SPL's):

1. Around The World- (Tribal music and such)
2. Mystic Dreams- (Relaxing meditation stuff, Enya etc.)
3. Big Bands- (Swing Dance music from the Big Band Era)
4. Electronics- (Techno-ish stuff)
5. Tropical Paradise- (Loungin' on the Beach music. Beach Boys, Bob Marley etc.)
6. Good Times! - (Happy and upbeat tunes)

bdb

On the B side of life
Educa27 said:
Here are my Playlists (not including the SPL's):

1. Around The World- (Tribal music and such)
2. Mystic Dreams- (Relaxing meditation stuff, Enya etc.)
3. Big Bands- (Swing Dance music from the Big Band Era)
4. Electronics- (Techno-ish stuff)
5. Tropical Paradise- (Loungin' on the Beach music. Beach Boys, Bob Marley etc.)
6. Good Times! - (Happy and upbeat tunes)
Nice!

I have "Bedtime for Blaino", my sleepy tunes, and Cafe du Blaino, stuff I think I'd hear in a French Cafe (great for reading). The rest is pretty traditional naming.

futureYankee

Website
www.xanga.com
Here are all mine:

Just Added-ofcourse, my new songs.
Top 25 most played-you can figure it out.
Arizona Songs-These are the songs that I first got on my ipod. It's only got 24, because I had 2 days before I had to go to Arizona.
Artist Mix-A mix of Beck, 3 Doors Down, Crossfade, Lifehouse, New Found Glory, Linkin Park, and Ludacris. You can find it on itunes as an imix
Colorado Songs- Songs I listen to wen im snowboarding in Colorado
NFG+LH-Favorite Bands, New Found Glory, Lifehouse
SSX 3 Soundtrack- songs from SSX 3

shiftybobstard

"<--" this shows my last played songs.
">10" songs with playcount greater than 10.
"≟1" songs not played once (currently empty).
"≟2" songs not played twice (currently empty).
"≟3" songs not played three times.

≟ is a not equal sign that is not showing up.

It's fun to work through the bottom lists. Due to only storing my music on my iPod, the <-- and >10 playlists do not really update correctly in real time on the iPod, yet show up fine in iTunes.

Last edited:

bdb

On the B side of life
I've added a simple playlist that has been handy: albums. There are some albums that either don't make much sense as individual songs, or where the individual songs aren't nearly as great as the whole album. Sure, I can find this in the menu, but I have music from hundreds of albums (most with just a song or two loaded).