please help ,USB cable doen't work !

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chenwei

i have received USB cable,but when i connect it to my PC ,
computer says find a USB ware ,but can't recognize it ,
i got firmware 2.0.1 on my ipod and PC and i use the dock, is there someboday can help me ?

MOCKBA

Website
mediachest.sourceforge.net
Another problem can be in buggy connection of iPod in the dock. Try to pull iPod and reinsert it firmly. I get some error messages first, but after 10 seconds ipod is getting connected fine. So, some waiting time is reasonable suggestion.

akarnk

have you installed any of the software that came with the ipod? if so, uninstall everything and then reconnect your ipod. even if it says, device not recognized, it should soon show up as a drive on your computer.

chenwei

tried, but can't help

thank u for your help, i uninstall all software but it still doesn't work, computer always say : find a USB ware ,but meet some problem when install and can't recognize this USB ware, and it's called UNKNOWN in my hardware arrange window, i got a USB2.0 flash memory disk ,it works perfect with all my USB2.0 port, so i think there is no problem with my USB port, there are mustbe something wrong with the system , but i don't know where it is ,OMG ,help :(

akarnk

ok,

lets summarize here first:

1. you removed all the software that came on the apple cd, which includes the ipod manager, ipod updater, music match etc.
2. you bought a new usb to dock connector/firewire cable from apple
3. this is a new 3rd generation ipod out of the box
4. you are using win2k or winXP right?

when you connect the usb cable to the dock and put the ipod into the dock, you say that the computer says "unsupported device found on usb port ", right?

forget about this error msg. a few seconds after connecting the ipod, does it show up as a new drive in windows explorer? if so, you are ok and can safely ignore the warning from windows.

MonkeyIceCube

Website
www.monkeyicecube.com
i'll second that comment from "akarnk"....
every time I connect to the PC via usb it says Unrecognized USB Device - may not work correctly, then after no more than 15secs - bingo it sorts its self out!