Please Help; Stuck on Do not Disconect

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

RndmManiak

Website
www.myspace.com
Okay, iPod stuck on "Do Not Disconnect"

iTunes says "iPod Update Complete"

When I press the Eject button, it says "The iPod "Athena" cannot be ejected because it contains files that are inuse by another application."

What do I do?

zarathrustra

Try closing iTunes, and using the 'safely remove hardware' icon on the bottom right corner of windows... perhaps close outlook, if the iPod's trying to sync calenders or contacts or something... otherwise just disconnect the thing anyway. I know it's proberly not good for it, but when I have had the same problem, I've just disconected regardless, and it hasn't seemed to have caused and trouble... at your own risk of course...

Anyhow, it seems this problem has been discussed in the forums here a number of times, so just spend a bit of time looking through them, and see what the experts say.

RndmManiak

Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks. I'll do that. I looked but all the problems didn't have the whole file being used by another aplication.

Where is this "safely remove hardware" icon?

I have XP, and my mother moved stuff out of the bottom right corner... I so totally don't know what I'm doing.

I did disconect it but then when I reconnect it iTunes wouldn't reconize it...

zarathrustra

In iTunes, go to Edit > Preferences > ipod, and make sure "enable disc use" is on (ticked) in the first page of options. With this on, when you connect your ipod, a little green arrow icon should appear at the bottom left, beside the clock... if ya click on that, then on the text it gives ya (Safely remove mass storage device - Drive(*:)) , then after e few seconds, the ipod should eject itself.

Not sure about the files in use by another program thing.... pehaps outlook is trying to sync, which you can turn off in the ipod options in iTunes preferences, or maby if you have any third party ipod software such as "iPod Agent" running in the background, with access to the iPod....

RndmManiak

Website
www.myspace.com
AH HA! I see the arrow now... Thank you so much! Now at least I don't feel like a complete idiot.

This "Safely remove mass storage unit" is the Manual way to remove the iPod then?