• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Playstation 3

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Kunfuchopsticks

iFarted
i dont have one but i have played it.

It sucks. The gprahics ae amazing they are very good but the game runs at like 20 fps which is horriable!

moe_4eva

I'm actually picking one up today (found someone desperate to pay the rent who is selling it to me for $50 more than retail), although my plan is to not use it and sell it around Christmas time. The games will get better for the console as time goes on, although I'm sold on the Wii rather than this console.

SuperNYK992

Website
ns-92.blogspot.com
moe_4eva said:
I'm actually picking one up today (found someone desperate to pay the rent who is selling it to me for $50 more than retail), although my plan is to not use it and sell it around Christmas time. The games will get better for the console as time goes on, although I'm sold on the Wii rather than this console.

me too. just played wii at a gamestop with needforspeed carbon, and it is amazing. i love how you turn the wiimote sideways and it is magically a steering wheel.

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Wow, moe, you really are lucky. I live in Canada, and I looked up on Ebay to see how much they were selling for, and some of them are going for around $2,500 CDN. I would wait if I were you, remember the PS2? When they first came out, they sold for $699, and now, 2 weeks before the PS3 release, stores like BestBuy and FutureShop were selling the PS2 for around 99 dollars.

Considering they play Blu-Ray, they are a real bargain at their retail price of $699, seeing as a stand-alone Blu-Ray player costs $1,100.

Kunfuchopsticks

iFarted
lol i dont want to be the one that start flaming wars but BD and sony's ambition is really risky. if BD fails.... PS3 id down the drain on it's second main feature. SOny is great company but bad move on ps3.

like i said before graphics are AMAZING! but fps is around 20 which is unaccptable.

SuperNYK992

Website
ns-92.blogspot.com
Jerryli500 said:
lol i dont want to be the one that start flaming wars but BD and sony's ambition is really risky. if BD fails.... PS3 id down the drain on it's second main feature. SOny is great company but bad move on ps3.

like i said before graphics are AMAZING! but fps is around 20 which is unaccptable.

they should at least have supported DVD. I dunno, PS3 and XBOX360 are overpriced and not worth it to me. I am about gameplay over graphics, i have a normal TV, dont need anything special, Wii suits my needs, and i love that controller, and even more, i love the pricetag which is half PS3. lets take a look here:

Wii:

Wii Console: $250
Game: $50
Extra Wiimote: $25
Grand Total: $575

PS3: $600

So a Wii with 6 games and an extra wiimote costs $25 less than a PS3 by itself, nevermind the $60 dollar games for it.
I'll take my Wii thank you very much

Lurk

I work at Circuit City and we got one up on display. I was expecting the graphics to be a lot better than they were - it seemed about the same quality as a 360 to me.

Chewbacca

token wookie
Article..........

I watched the Blu-Ray version of Black Hawk Down and was a tad disappointed to see that it looked a little darker than what I was expecting (keep in mind that my TV is “only” 42 inches and that home theater experts say I need a 65 inch TV to fully appreciate Blu-Ray).
Hmmmm interesting, the sony does look good although if xbox 360 rolls out divx and xvid file support I will be happpy to stay with my xbox.

jedk

Lurk said:
I work at Circuit City and we got one up on display. I was expecting the graphics to be a lot better than they were - it seemed about the same quality as a 360 to me.
First generation games always look pretty average. The PS3 - and even the 360, even though it's a year old - both have a lot of untapped potential, so the best graphics are yet to come on both platforms.

roster19

Here's a good read on the truth behind the comparisons between the XBOX 360 and the PS3: Link
They aren't as cracked up to be as we thought as far as numbers and specs go(but still damn good).

superspiffy

scored a 20gig ps3 back in the middle of november with the intention to sell, but since prices hit rock botton on ebay, planning to just return it. ill keep my wii instead

VipFREAK

Wow, all that work to get one and try to scam someone but you're just going to return it now? geez... what's wrong with you man. :rolleyes:

anypats

I would have to say that buying something with the intent of selling at a higher price is not a scam. Setting up a deal with the intent of not following through on your end to defraud someone of money is a scam. As long as there is someone willing to pay higher than retail prices then kudos to those that were able to sell theirs. As superspiffy stated though, the prices aren't all that high over retail on ebay anymore and so I would expect you will be able to start buying them in the stores soon without having to wait hours in line.