Playlists???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

chasmm

Forgive me if I'm asking an already answered question (I did a search, but it didn't jump out at me)...

I'm trying the various sync tools with my 30gig iPod (MMJB - man do I wish it worked; ephPod - just doesn't feel right) and now I'm giving MC9 a try. I was able to install it, and get all my music sync'd up, but I'm not sure about the way playlist work.

I've got 3700+ songs on the iPod and one playlist that has all of them in it. That's cool...now what about the other playlists that I have such as MY FAVORITES, VAN MORRISON, ROAD SONGS, SAILING, etc. that have anywhere from 30 to 100 songs in them? If I sync them, will I end up with duplicates or will MC9 be smart and just have pointers to the songs already downloaded to the iPod?

Thanks,

Charles

anthraxx

Website
home.nyc.rr.com
If your syncing the playlists it will be "smart" and not create duplicates on your Pod. I have some songs across three and four playlists without any duplicate songs in the Pod. Really cool.

I also click on "delete files not on lists" Just in case there are a loose songs sans playlist in the Pod. Works great.

ashawley

Website
www.
First off, MC9 is smart enough that if a song appears on a playlist twice, it won't upload it twice. There will only be one version on the iPod, but it will appear on both playlists.

Here's a neat trick you can do with Smartlists that might be handy for you.

I like you might, have more tunes on my PC than will fit on my iPod. So I need to select what appears on my iPod as a sub-set of my MC9 library.

What I do is create a "master" smartlist (called iPod tunes). I manage this list w/various Artist and Album and Genre rules to make sure it's always at the maximum my iPod will hold.

Now for the rest of my playlists that I want on the iPod, I just create smartlists that always start off with the rule "Playlist=iPod Tunes". Then I add the rest of the rules for each smartlist.

This way, I only have to manage the one master playlist as I add new tunes to my libary or decided to switch off old stuff and add newer stuff. All my other playlists get automatically updated accordingly.

Hope that makes some sense. I've outlined it a little more in my MC9 help guide here.

Adam