Playlists not working as alarm?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

davebach172

Hi!

I can't get playlists created on the ipod with MC9 to work as an alarm. It's really getting to me as the ones I created with that music match rubbish work perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong? I've tried creating/uploading/syncing smartlists from the smartlist section, as well as manually creating playlists on the ipod contents view, along with manually created ones in the media area - in short, I've tried everything I can think of.

Creating the playlists works great - they show up on the pod, and play perfectly - but when I try to assign one to an alarm (they appear under the default beep listing when you choose the alarm type), it flips back to Beep - arrrrgggghhhhhh! :D

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? MC9 has become the only software I use with the pod - and I'd love to totally get rid of MM!

Thanks!

PS - I've got all the latest versions of MC9 (9.0.175) and downloaded the ipod software through MC9's plugin facility.

Last edited:

davebach172

Yep - I've heard that - but playlists work as an alarm if I create them with Music Match (included with the iPod) - but not if I create them with MC9 (or Ephpod, for that matter).

c.c.r.

davebach172 said:
Yep - I've heard that - but playlists work as an alarm if I create them with Music Match (included with the iPod) - but not if I create them with MC9 (or Ephpod, for that matter).
Is that a fact? Well I'll be!!

Thank you for bringing it up, then... We should bring this up to Steve, for sure.

davebach172

Kurt, have you experienced this? I'm guessing you dont have MM installed on your machine! :D - could you try assigning a playlist to an alarm and see if it pops back to beep - or is it just something to do with my machine?

I think we can let Steve carry on his amazing work with the new beta without troubling him with my minor minor bug!